PDA

View Full Version : stuttering

staticpat
09-22-2002, 06:30 PM
hope this isn't related to my intake. im pretty sure everythings taken care of, and it was running well before. anyway...

car idles perfect in park and nuetral, but whenever its in gear it will idle very low, and almost stall, then the rpms will go up almost to 1000, then it'll stutter down again almost stalling. it keeps doing this no matter how long the cars been running, but its fine in park or nuetral. anyone have any ideas?? thankssss

ACCORD EX
09-22-2002, 11:51 PM
pcv valve ?? ( not sure )

MIKE

shepherd79
09-23-2002, 03:41 AM
i had the same problem when i had my old distributor. i got a new one, boom the problem solved, but i fried the good one, so i am running on the old one right now and it is a bitch.
i am gonna go get a new one at junk yard.

staticpat
09-23-2002, 04:39 AM
whole new distributor? sounds like alot.

shepherd79
09-23-2002, 11:46 AM
well, that is what i had on my car. i am sure it is ignitor, but i have hitachi distributor and taking it apart is a bitch.
so i am gonna go get Toyo one.

87AccordsterLx
09-24-2002, 08:18 AM
I think when mine was doing that it was the pcv ...

staticpat
09-24-2002, 03:04 PM
im assuming its something with the carb, since ive been fricking with it. all my car knowledgeable friends have various opinions, and its making me mad.
it cant be the idle set wrong, cuz it idles fine in park or nuetral, but im really hoping its not the transmission. plz if anyone has any more suggestions, feel free. im gonna get my timing adjusted this week (doubt if its ever been checked), and ill try the pcv valve.

ACCORD EX
09-25-2002, 05:42 AM
replace the pcv valve to be sure ! :)

MIKE

staticpat
09-25-2002, 07:23 AM
ok i know physically where the pcv valve is, but i cant find it on hondaautomotiveparts.com is this something that i can just get at a local auto store?

Mantis88LX
09-25-2002, 08:22 AM
yes go to your local auto store and tell the person at the front that u need a PCV valve, he will ask the year and model and everything, i think they are only like $5 at the most.

also u might want to get a new hose for it too, i broke mine wehn removeing the valve, i just bought some thick fuel line hose and replaced it with that, it works wonders and will last along time cuz of its thickness.

hope that helps.

ACCORD EX
09-25-2002, 08:58 AM
the PCV valve on the hondaautomotiveparts.com is in the BREATHER PIPE section ! really a strange name !
it costs 11 $ GENUINE ! good luck !
or you can get it fro any auto store ! ( much cheaper & faster )

MIKE

staticpat
09-27-2002, 07:09 AM
ok i got it fixed. i brought the car to local shop, to get my timing adjusted, i mentioned this problem too. well after 2 seconds he figured it was a vaccum leak (and im really surprised that he didn't look amazed or cuss me out for the intake or anything). fixed it and my timing for 15 bucks. i dont know if the leak was something i caused or not, dont really want to know. but car runs great now.