PDA

View Full Version : Random stutter/shutdown

88accordA20A1
07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Noticed this after an oil change yesterday, however oil pressure and level seem to be perfect. for some reason while pulling anywhere between 35-45mph (whether in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th) the car will jerk violently, die out and come back, and hesitate/stutter ridiculously bad. if i give it clutch and let back out, it'll act like nothing happened. i've attempted striking the gas a few times hoping there was something clogging a jet, and the carb has been sea foamed more times than i can count. i thought about a v-tuck incase vacuum is the issue but i have a feeling that'd probably cause more issues than i'm ready to take on right now. if i baby her and keep her below 2700rpm i have no issues, but after about 50% throttle the hesitation and stutter is definitely noticable. ideas?

greentee76
07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I would start with:
fuel filters?
Booster venturies tight?
Power valve working?
leak at accelerator pump?
These are the first things that come to mind. Of course it could be an ignition problem as well, but sounds more like fuel.

88accordA20A1
07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, plugs and wires were just replaced along with a new dizzy cap. and i replaced both fuel filters last month... one of my friends said to look into the ignitor in the dizzy as well. i notice hesitation in all the gears but my gas mileage has taken a serious drop and it really only seems to be bad after 50% throttle or anywhere above 40mph