PDA

View Full Version : PICS of DEMON PRELUDE kit on 3G !!!

whiteboy
09-22-2002, 08:06 PM
Hey,
These are the pics of Jteuton's Accord with the demon 88-91 prelude kti bumper. DO NOT criticize the mounting of this bumper, it is held on with zip ties jstu to give you an idea. He is in the middle of a trans swap and didnt want to mount up the bumper, so DO NOT bust on this guy for any reason he is tryin to help everyone here out with this kit. Enjoy the pics, more will be posted when it is properly mounted, molded, and painted.

Jordan:D

whiteboy
09-22-2002, 08:07 PM
front, and yes those lines in the bumper are the zip ties and it has not yet been mounted and molded properly

whiteboy
09-22-2002, 08:08 PM
I like it, think it flows good with the car

Micah 89LXi
09-22-2002, 08:42 PM
i think it looks alot better on the 3rd gen than the lude...cause the 3rd gen is more bulky..i thought it was gonna be rice..but its pretty sweet..on the lude its like old car old car old car...uhh new car?..wish i had the money to do that

A20A1
09-22-2002, 09:04 PM
thats gonna look saweet!

Mike89Accordcom
09-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Sorry but that looks horrible.

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 09:16 PM
I hate that body kit, I dont see your point of view, I knew it would fit, he should have had something hold the bumper up to its ACTUAL MOUNTING points so it wont be a foot away from the place its supposed to be. but, whatever floats your boat, Its cool that he's gettin in the spirit, I just think it looks like crap on a 3rd Gen, maybe it will look better mounted with paint.

toastyghost
09-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by whiteboy
He is in the middle of a trans swap and didnt want to mount up the bumper, so DO NOT bust on this guy for any reason he is tryin to help everyone here out with this kit

Hmm I wonder who that was directed at... sorry kids I'm not usually a beligerent drunk.

Anyway that shit looks phat, can't wait to see finished pix (if I'm allowed)

bobafett
09-22-2002, 10:07 PM
wtf, that doesnt look bad. i think i might have to go with that kit, or maybe the extreme kit... since they look like they could fit with a bit of work!

THANK you for finally posting those pics!

on second glance, it looks like the bumper is 4 inches lower than the rest of the car, so unless side skirts go down 4", it might look wierd. plus the bumper would scrape for me... :( maybe its not as bad once its mounted on the car properly...

still at least the lines look good. i will find a way to make it work

Mike Me-z
09-22-2002, 10:24 PM
i was thinking the same thing, it is way lower than the rest- you can tell in that first picture, but on second thought, it could be the ties, and the angle of the camera- let me see it on there right

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 11:23 PM
DUH GUYS, he said its mounted with ti wraps, so its just hanging there.

89AccordNate
09-23-2002, 07:48 AM
It definitely needs some work! Post some pics when its done, but I think its a little to large for the smaller 3g front end.

Nate.

jteuton
09-23-2002, 08:40 AM
with stock 15's you will have to be at stock height or it will drag the ground. But it still needs to be pulled up to the car......what i really needed was a second set of hands but i was in a hurry. Trust me....with a little sanding and molding it will look fat. I think it is a little bulky but a like that better than the slimer look it had before. It looks so low cause if you take a pic of a 88 prelude you notice the hood and fenders are shorter. The prelude doesn't have the turn lights on the side of the fender....so its fender is noticable shorter and you can notice where this is a insert in the bumper for lights on the corners so this will have to be addressed. The front will mold up without any problems but the sides will have to see a little work. I might go with prelude fenders or i will have to fill one of the sets of lights. I'm getting 17's so clearance won't be a problem. Once the whole kit is on there it won't look funky. Oh and them 15's in the first pic are for sale....jteuton

whiteboy
09-23-2002, 08:53 AM
lol
that wasnt directed at toasty ghost, i jstu saw 3 other people jump on the fact that it wasnt mounted right, but yea i think our kit options are rapidly expanding. . ..

Jordan

87AccordsterLx
09-23-2002, 02:00 PM
I revised the first pic to look more or less like a finished product... if someone wants to post it I'll send it to you....

bobafett
09-23-2002, 02:52 PM
yeah send it to me, and i will post it up! :)

whiteboy
09-23-2002, 03:29 PM
yea man send that chopped pic out [email protected]

Jordan

tightwhitelx
09-23-2002, 05:17 PM
is anybody listning to me here i just told you guys on another forum that you can get the demon kit on www.grounddynamics.com they also have another one since some people think this one is too ricey its called kombat check it out oh yeah its only 200.00 for the demon not 250 from vis.

87AccordsterLx
09-23-2002, 10:17 PM
hey tightwhite... how far are you from kennesaw???

87AccordsterLx
09-23-2002, 10:17 PM
by the way how can you post a pic if you're not a foundation member???

bobafett
09-23-2002, 10:20 PM
you just have to host it on a different web server, and then use the vBulliten [ img ] code to host it.

http://www.com-tech-online.com/car/3gludekit.jpg

87AccordsterLx
09-23-2002, 10:45 PM
ohh.. so I can just post it on my comp ( win 2k ) gotta love that web server... and just link it from there.... cool thanks

si accord
09-24-2002, 07:23 PM
u said those 15's in the first pic were for sale right? how much u askin for em? thanx

jteuton
09-25-2002, 05:06 AM
400 dollars for the wheels and tires.....i can take a really good pic of them is somebody would post them up here.