PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved my new..

codyJDM
07-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Taillights from bullard123, in awesome condition might I add :)

Buuutt, they're real dirty and dull sadly, and the inside looks like it needs cleaning. How can I bring them back to life? Can the outer lens come off? Help me out plz :thumbup:

bullard123
07-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Taillights from bullard123, in awesome condition might I add :)

Buuutt, they're real dirty and dull sadly, and the inside looks like it needs cleaning. How can I bring them back to life? Can the outer lens come off? Help me out plz :thumbup:

I warned you lol. You can spray them with some degreaser and let them soak. For the inside yes you can take the cover off by heating up the silicone around the edges of them. I know some people baked then in the oven too

codyJDM
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I warned you lol. You can spray them with some degreaser and let them soak or you could just use more dish detergent soap a couple more times

haha indeed you did. Its just that it looks like its inside the housing. Should I just take out all the electrical components and let them soak? That seems like it would work right?

codyJDM
07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Alright got them looking flawless! Took everything out of them and doused them with degreaser and then dumped them in a hot bath full of soapy water. Worked perfectly!

ghettogeddy
07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Alright got them looking flawless! Took everything out of them and doused them with degreaser and then dumped them in a hot bath full of soapy water. Worked perfectly!

good to know do you have before after pics

codyJDM
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Think of it this way, inside of lens caked with brown shit etc. and now it looks new again!

No pics of before that show what was in there, I can get some after pics though(when they dry, still have moisture and water inside)

I recommend this for anything you want to get crap out of. Works so well. Just take ALL electrical components out first!!

bullard123
07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Wow you move quick. Make sure to leave me positive feedback in i-trader too. I want to see after pics!

MessyHonda
07-03-2008, 01:44 PM
i saw a 87 lx-i hatch with cherry tail lights...the thing didnt belong at the junkyard it only had 182k miles 5 speed...poor thing

knarg
07-03-2008, 02:18 PM
you should have pulled the tail lights!

codyJDM
07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow you move quick. Make sure to leave me positive feedback in i-trader too. I want to see after pics!

How do I do that? I'd be glad to :)

I'll post pics up asap. Got another surprise for you guys too ;)

bullard123
07-04-2008, 07:00 AM
How do I do that? I'd be glad to :)

I'll post pics up asap. Got another surprise for you guys too ;)
Just go to the ad you placed for the taillights, get the id number from it and write it down then click on my username in i-trader click on submit feedback then enter the id number you wrote down and leave feedback. You got any pics of them yet?