PDA

View Full Version : Weber 32/36 Installation

SILENT
07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey you guys... I was starting to remove stuff to put my Weber in and I did not know what I was getting my self into!!! i was wondering if some who has done this conversion can tell which vacuum lines to keep...?

turabaka
07-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Just the #2 line going to the dizzy, and the line going to the brake booster. Everything connected to the black box gets scrapped, and the air jet controller. It should look something like this when you're done.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/turabaka/DSC_0052.jpg

Sorry I don't have a better pic of the other side.

Edit: This thread should help you out a bit if you haven't already seen it. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38161

SILENT
07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
well you seem to be the only person willing to provide me with information!!! Well today I removed my stock carb... so is there any parts I have to remove from the stock carb to my weber??? and you said the black box is garbage...right. I saw a tread about the a/c idle booster... are you have a problem with that??? what did you do with your EGR Valve??? Again sorry for all the questions!!! This is my first time ever touching a carburetor!!!

turabaka
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM
No problem. I'm willing to help. I don't think you have to save anything off of the stock carb. I don't know anything about the a/c idle booster because my car's a dx. So I don't have a/c. For the egr valve I took off the bolt holding the pipe in, and had my dad weld it closed, and then I took a piece of steel plate, and built a block off plate. Here's a pic of that.
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/turabaka/egr_plate_2.jpg

I'll see if I can grab you some pics of all the vac lines behind the carb, so you can see how I have it all set up.

cygnus x-1
07-07-2008, 09:19 PM
You can also just leave the EGR valve there and not connect anything to it, if you don't want to bother making a cover plate.

C|

2oodoor
07-08-2008, 03:31 AM
There are several threads here on weber install, even a specific how to.

You only need the vaccum advance, pvc, and brake booster.
You will have to cap off several ports on the manifold
You can remove the air pulser and pinch off the pipe, or use a wine cork

As Turabaka's picture shows, you lose everything related to the OEM carb except the fuel line and those three vaccum things.
You also need to plug off the small coolant line coming from under the intake, block off the coolant passage directly under the carb on the manifod too or you will have water getting in the cylinders. The small coolant hose and orifce bolted to the bottom of the manifold can go too.

turabaka
07-08-2008, 06:55 AM
You can also just leave the EGR valve there and not connect anything to it, if you don't want to bother making a cover plate.

C|

very true. My dad owns a steel erection company, so getting my hands on scrap plate and tools is easy for me. :rockon:

2oodoor
07-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Yeah, if you make a plate though make dam sure you get it sealed so that the two ports underneath do not connect. You will have a monster vacuum leak that will be hard to trace unless you know that is where it is.

2ndGenGuy
07-08-2008, 08:03 AM
My dad owns a steel erection company...

Heh...

turabaka
07-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Heh...

Yeah. I laugh every time I type that. lol

SILENT
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey turabaka where did you purchase the air filter on you weber???

turabaka
07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey turabaka where did you purchase the air filter on you weber???

I grabbed it from carbs unlimited. Here's the link. http://www.carburetion.com/Weber/weberpartsair.asp
nice thing is it's the last air filter I'll ever buy, since it's washable.

SILENT
07-08-2008, 06:13 PM
hey man... this whole weber thing just keeps stressing me out more day by day!!! some parts are missing to the linkage... and you have no idea how bad I need my car!!! well let me get to the main question... can i pull the linkage of the stock carb and use it on my weber!!! will it work???

cygnus x-1
07-08-2008, 07:57 PM
hey man... this whole weber thing just keeps stressing me out more day by day!!! some parts are missing to the linkage... and you have no idea how bad I need my car!!! well let me get to the main question... can i pull the linkage of the stock carb and use it on my weber!!! will it work???

What parts are missing? You should end up with something like what's in Turabaka's picture.

C|

SILENT
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
there is this washer with a tab... that is in the set of instructions but not in parts bag... and those two screws that come out and hold the cable!!! Oh I have a small silver spring, I don't its the same one on Turabaka has on his weber... honestly man I having alot of trouble with this conversion!!! what can I do if I don't have these parts!!!

2oodoor
07-09-2008, 03:47 AM
the small spring may go on the secondary linkage

You can use the OEM cresent shaped cable holder but you have to cut on it some with a dremel. I preferred using that one myself since you dont have to cut the cable that way.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64982&highlight=clutter+weber

lostforawhile
07-09-2008, 05:56 AM
look at some of the pictures in my carb thread and look at how i used those pieces in the SU setup to hold the cable .
heres the video,maby it will give you some ideas. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=503788016712812800

turabaka
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
The pieces that I have sticking out of the linkage to hold the cable in place didn't come with the linkage. I bought those in a package at autozone for a couple bucks.

2oodoor
07-09-2008, 10:30 AM
check over this thread if you haven't already >>>
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38161

SILENT
07-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks You Guys!!!

SILENT
07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey you good I have good news I Finally Got it Running!!! Theee Only problem I have is the choke... it won't close when I try starting it... also I push it down so the car to stay on!!! is there a spring that needs to be attached or could it be I have no power to the choke connection???

turabaka
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
you might have to adjust it a bit. Just loosen the three screws holding the choke on, and then rotate the plastic part until you have the choke adjusted like you want it. Mine is setup so that it's always all the way open right now. Since during the summer if it's closed even a little it causes my car to idle at 3000 rpm. damn 100 degree weather.
Also get some pics up. Everyone here is a bunch of pic whores.

SILENT
07-10-2008, 09:22 PM
alright I will try that... ummm i was wondering what the spring in your setup does because right I don't have one installed??? I also would like to thank you for all the information you have given me!!! I couldn't of done with out you!!! THANKS MAN

turabaka
07-10-2008, 10:01 PM
It's the throttle return spring. All it does is ensure the throttle comes all the way closed when you let up on the gas. Mine currently isn't on there, because it came off and I can't find it now. I'll go out and grab another one sometime though. Glad to be of help man. If you go searching for weber install stuff you'll probably find a thread that I made awhile back with just as many, if not more questions.