PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Factory CD Player

Alexi3rdgen
07-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm about to sell my 3rd gen Accord, as there's just too much damage for me to justify fixing the front end, but I'm trying to take off the rare parts. (CD Player, fog lamp switch, armrest) I went to remove the 1989 original CD player, but the wires don't unplug from the CD player itself. Do the wires go to the back of the radio I assume? And do I need to take the radio out to get to them or can I do it without disturbing the radio? I'd like it to still work when I'm finished!

Wes

Civic Accord Honda
07-05-2008, 11:49 PM
u need to pull the radio out
and keep the harness that plugs in to the radio

Alexi3rdgen
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I pulled the radio out, and pulled the connections so the CD player isn't attached, but now no sound gets to the speakers. Do I have to plug some stuff in elsewhere?

Wes

Civic Accord Honda
07-06-2008, 12:37 PM
you need a small round plug that that plugs in were the cd player pluged in to with out it the radio wont play
u can probley get one from a junkyard its just a white plastic clip that plugs in to the 8 pin hole

MessyHonda
07-06-2008, 04:34 PM
you need a small round plug that that plugs in were the cd player pluged in to with out it the radio wont play
u can probley get one from a junkyard its just a white plastic clip that plugs in to the 8 pin hole

yup he is right...i remember my stock deck would not play untill i put that lil gray plug back in...but now i just got a nice pioneer deck.

frantik
07-18-2008, 01:13 PM
so i hope someone has made him an offer on his cd player :D