PDA

View Full Version : Problems need help!!!

Timaculent
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey guys I havent been on for a while but I just did an engine swapon my 89 sei. I ran into a few problems with it.

1. some of the sensors connectors were different so I matched up the wires and everything came out good except for a two wire harness that was in the center of my intake manifold. On the engine that I put in it didnt have the piece to connect it into at all.

2. Some of the vacum line numbers didn't not equal the same as the replacement engine for example my original had 3 and the replacement engine had a 5 and a few other numbers that I am not so sure about.

3. Now the worse part is is that I start it up and it sounds like it have rocks in the engine. I hope these guys didnt sell me a bad engine and its a good thing that I have it under warrenty.

does this mean that I have to remove the entire engine and transmission again. (dammit if that is the story)

Guys what do I do with the vacum hoses and the missing device to connect the wire to. Also I was thinking a bad crankshaft or bearings.

Why is there a difference in the wire harness?

Timaculent
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
The device that is not on the replacement engine is the IACV. It is throwing code 14 on the computer... Why does this engine not have one. did it not need it. is there a way to connect it eventhough it doesnt have a direct bolt on option.

MessyHonda
07-06-2008, 05:02 PM
what year engine did you put it from...sounds from like a 86-87

Timaculent
07-06-2008, 06:12 PM
The Honda King Dealer wrote on it 1989 honda accord. is there a way to find the information on the current engine. Also do you know anything about the knocking. And Is there a way to connect it the IACV or bypass it and not throw an engine code?

Demon1024
07-07-2008, 03:54 AM
i'd say just swap the intake and exhaust from your old motor, but the rocks in the engine part is kinda scary. can you take a video?or sound clip?

Timaculent
07-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I think its the crankshaft bearings. I spoke to honda kings and they stated that I can just come and pick up another motor. I guess I will be busy for the next couple of days.

Timaculent
07-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I wish there was a quicker way to pull an engine.

Timaculent
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Got it the engine is swapped and I am on the road.

Demon1024
07-16-2008, 10:48 PM
cool man you get the right one this time?

2oodoor
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
that was quick
I would recommend using the original intake manifold too, the wires and hoses would have to match up then.