PDA

View Full Version : valve cover breather hose-oil spell

dpowered
07-12-2008, 10:04 AM
dear fellow 3 geez... my 88 accord automatic lxi. has a problem with the part. the valve cover hose that goes to the airbox. right before the intake. the oil from the valve cover is coming up ang smoking out, to the intake ,causeing the intake to take in sk=miky air. its running bad and smoggy. Hsa anyone else ever ran into this problem with there accord. Please help. i pulled the valve cover and cleaned it, the underneath looks fine. ah!!!!:

lostforawhile
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
dear fellow 3 geez... my 88 accord automatic lxi. has a problem with the part. the valve cover hose that goes to the airbox. right before the intake. the oil from the valve cover is coming up ang smoking out, to the intake ,causeing the intake to take in sk=miky air. its running bad and smoggy. Hsa anyone else ever ran into this problem with there accord. Please help. i pulled the valve cover and cleaned it, the underneath looks fine. ah!!!!:

check your pcv valve and all it's hoses if it's become clogged all the blowby gasses will be forced backwards up through the valve cover.

dpowered
07-12-2008, 01:28 PM
hey thanks, i thought i already checked the pvc.. but ill check again. thankx 4 the responce.