PDA

View Full Version : It's in!!!! It's Finally in!!!!!

mykwikcoupe
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Well not to be too overly dramatic about it but today I started wrenching on my old yamaha tr1 and ended up putting the B20a in. I installed and found all my mounts looking for a petcock rebiuld kit. I them found my sensors and hondabond looking for a chick of vacuum line and before I knew it I had the cherry picker out and dropping the engine in.

Its not complete but it is ready for the engine bay to mockup cables and hoses and figure out how long the wires have to be when I rebiuld the engine bay harness. I need to figure out some other things but just like bullard and tommy b20a mine does sit just lower on the drivers side. Im using the JDM welded front mount and a20a front and rear mount in the proper locations.

I cant believe the hood is going to close with the engine in there. Its been empty for 3 years now. The fender well gap is noticably higher with the lack of weight from the motor swap. Pics to follow either tonight or tomorrow, whenever I get tired of working on it or run out of parts. Yeah like that will happen!!!!

Bass Man
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I'll be the first to post...

WHERE ARE THE PICS?!

snoopyloopy
07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
this thread is worthless without pix!

A18A
07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
pickchaz pweez

mykwikcoupe
07-12-2008, 07:20 PM
damn you guys are greedy? Im uploading them to my photoshop account right now

mykwikcoupe
07-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I posted the pics in the general section. If the mods want to move them thats cool. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=888732#post888732

2oodoor
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I completely missed this post till just now
Ok this is wild because I felt it in the air I needed to quit slacking so I started mine this weekend finally. Low and behold you beat me to it again.. lol.
You sound just like me, start out trying to do one thing and run across something you were looking for or forgot you even had and off you go.
Please do share anything you run across on that driver's side thing |\

bullard123
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Making progress! I remember when I was at that point in my B20A sawp aswell. The hood will close with out any problems. It seems us accord guys lucked out because the prelude guys have to do modifications to close their hoods. Is that a B16 intake manifold?

Bass Man
07-15-2008, 03:51 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/kwikcoupe/DSCN7787.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/kwikcoupe/DSCN7779.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/kwikcoupe/DSCN7777.jpg

SWEET!!! Pics!

mykwikcoupe
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah my garage looks nasty as hell but in reality its just full of car and bikes. All those boxes on the left on the racks are full of performance and hard to find parts for my bikes, tbird and accord. I need to get them installed so I can have that part of the garage back. The worst part isif you look striaght in youll see the house steps. They are 40 inches wide to accodate local fire codes and laced in the worst location imaginable. My car has like 2 feet in the back to get around it and literally 3/4 of an inch in the front when the door is closed. I need to get off my dumper and clean off the work benches though.

The mani is a ludespeed b20a5 welded cast shorty. Tom Coleman origianlly made them. The long and short of mine, It was origianlly Mike Lee's, Josh Rosenbaugm boguht it afyer mike was tired of of modifying things to fit the b20a. Josh sold it to me and there it sits. Its the same mani Tommy has that he bought from Rob who moddified to have the wastgat on top.

Sorry for the book. Its a really clean mani for what it is. Sucks the turbo is kicked just sideways to allow for the wastegate to be placed bewteen the block and the turbo. If he would have offset the WG and kept the turbo square with the block the DP would work better that came with the kit and the stock radiator would also fit without issues.

Im going to be running the stock block on the smaller T3 48/60 and in the background building a spare block to take the abuse of the SC34 T3/T4OE 60/63.

rfiks
10-23-2008, 04:42 PM
what mounts did u use, was it difficult 2do?

russiankid
10-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I would advise you to relocate your power steering hose unless you want a fire. That manifold will get pretty hot.

rfiks: That is a JDM B20A, which means that its a direct swap minus one mount which I believe someone found a fix for.

2ndGenGuy
10-23-2008, 09:10 PM
You got it running yet? I wanna come up and see it!

A18A
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
yeah i actually noticed theres a difference between b20a & a-series powersteering hoses

AccordB20A
10-23-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah i actually noticed theres a difference between b20a & a-series powersteering hoses

theres a difference?? i didnt notice any difference between the two lol i still running a a20a power steer system.

Im also looking forward to seeing your car running its going to be sweet, i suppose you dont have a dog bone mount either.. better go easy on the front mounts lol

A18A
10-23-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah i didnt notice either untill i notice the power steering hose bracket that bolts to the head didnt look right. only difference is that little metal part on the end.

b20 one:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/88vigor/100_7719Large.jpg
a20 one:
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/88vigor/100_9247Large.jpg

2oodoor
10-24-2008, 06:06 AM
I dont see any problem, my A20 hose bolted right up to the B20 pump. Kwikcoupe's just is laying too low and close to the manifold, it is supposed to be uo and away from... with attaching brackets.

mykwikcoupe
10-24-2008, 09:24 AM
yeah I dont have the radiator or the core support in right now so there isnt anything to support it onto. Its going to be using the original mounting as the stock so I dont see an issue unless the manifold is alot closer on the b20a than the a20a. As an update nothing has changed since the first date of postiing on this topic. Ive payed with a few goodies I have but its still sitting in the garage waiting for me to finish it.

mykwikcoupe
06-15-2009, 08:59 PM
ok just a long overdue update. I got my engine wiring harness with biult in obd1 upgrade from lx-incredible the chip and map from speedfactory in ttacoma washington. After many attepts at honda TB units and getting nothing but high idle and wierd issues I installed the 70mm unit that came with my edelbrock intake and it started up purring like a cat. Adjusted the idle speed, timing and got everything dialed in nice.

The ecu says its running wither too rich or too lean and from the plugs Id say too lean. Im wondering what kind of variances the honda ecu gives and if its tollerable in daily conditions or not. Thius is code 45 by the way.

The clutch doents feel as tight as i wanted even with it being the stiffest 88-91 lude pressure plate and heaviest sprung disc. i didnt opt for the pucks becasue at the time all act offered was unsprung and this is supposed to be my daily driver.

The 5 speed with my quaife uinit needs some lovin. 1st, 2nd, 3rd wont engage with the engine running. 4th and 5th feel great but reverse grinds a bit. If I jack the car up and let the engine pedal the wheels out of gear you can hear the stacks clang together becasue they arent meshing well right now. any tips or tricks on what to look for when I get into it or how to adjust the mesh pionts. Im not sure how to tell if a gear is facing up or down.

Other than this its looking great and with alot of the engien bay deleted its looking alot more pleasing at well. Ill post pics before the portland meet this saturday when I clean up the engine bay well

RobT5580
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Did you take the actual stacks apart? If you didn't i think you had a bad one off the go. I don't think there is adjustment like that but im not positive but i always just pulled the whole gear sets out and put them back in without disassembling the stacks at all.

Sorry to hear your off to a bad start!

LX-incredible
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Sounds like the clutch cable is adjusted too loose. Mine was at a weird angle and was grinding and being a bitch. Adjustment seemed fine, but that was due to the cable not being restrained, sitting crooked and pulling itself "straight" when I pushed in the pedal. Pull the boot off the transmission end and check that the cable is centered in the sheath.

Did all the synchronizer springs make their way back in there?

Most of the gears in the A20 have a groove or indentation on the top... Not sure if it's the same for you. If you could post some GOOD pictures next time it's torn apart, someone on here might catch something.

mykwikcoupe
06-17-2009, 07:43 AM
I pulled a couple of the gears out the first time to compare them with the a20a transmission. the top syncro isnt bolted down only the one stack is captured. I had to reseat it and it worked great. total time from tranny pulled to reinstalled was about 5 hours. I messed up one of the starter bolts and the lowerest rear mount bolt but it was late and was working by flashlight at that piont.

The clutch wasnt adjusted properly as well. the cable tention is amazing on the pressure plate I chose. After I pulled all the slack out of the cable it shifts ok and doesnt seem to be too bad although it still needs to seat in as well. . I might try to get it a little tighter but Im not sure since it feels so still already.

Feels goo, pulls ok. I havent noticed any difference from car to car just yet. not enough seat time.

Pics dude are you kidding me, that wouold mean Id have to stop y project clean my hands and get the nice camera out. then id have to clean the nice camera. Thats too much work for me. Ill post some good pics in my biuld section before the show just incase it doesnt make it.

2ndGenGuy
06-17-2009, 07:52 AM
You'll get good pics at the meet! Sounds like she's rockin' and rolling around enough to drive yay!

RobT5580
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh well glad you fixed it what was your outcome with comparing gears.

mykwikcoupe
06-17-2009, 07:17 PM
they wouldnt fit thew shafts themselves are different sizes. Id love to have an extra trans to head down to the local speedshop. hes got around 15 transissions on hand and i love to just start sizing and comparing. Oh well well p[robably find something when its too late. Sounds like the 3geez world wil be flooded with vtec swaps if the mounts ever get finished.

Tdurr
06-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Thats wut she said.

accordion89
06-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Well not to be too overly dramatic about it but today I started wrenching on my old yamaha tr1 and ended up putting the B20a in. I installed and found all my mounts looking for a petcock rebiuld kit. I them found my sensors and hondabond looking for a chick of vacuum line and before I knew it I had the cherry picker out and dropping the engine in.

Its not complete but it is ready for the engine bay to mockup cables and hoses and figure out how long the wires have to be when I rebiuld the engine bay harness. I need to figure out some other things but just like bullard and tommy b20a mine does sit just lower on the drivers side. Im using the JDM welded front mount and a20a front and rear mount in the proper locations.

I cant believe the hood is going to close with the engine in there. Its been empty for 3 years now. The fender well gap is noticably higher with the lack of weight from the motor swap. Pics to follow either tonight or tomorrow, whenever I get tired of working on it or run out of parts. Yeah like that will happen!!!!

b20 powerd tr1?

mykwikcoupe
06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
sorry I should have been more clear. I started working on my old yamaha tr1 motorcycle but got drawn off and ended up installing my b20a in the accord instead.

2oodoor
06-22-2009, 04:21 PM
i thot it was in already? does it make a noise yet? Ive put over 3000 miles on mine since April, it is time for an oil change already. needs struts and ball joints bad..

mykwikcoupe
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
yeah I have another thread for it. Its running I just need a better map for my obd1 swap. If you know of one let me know. The one Ive got is so lean its nearly melting the plug after 20-30 min of driving

mykwikcoupe
09-16-2009, 06:57 PM
well Ive been a little pissed at the car since I missed the portland update. Im yet to turn a wrench on it again. Im thinking its time to bolt to turbo backonto it again and go from there. My 1st project is to finish the interior. I need to swap the dash since my is currently black/tan and my interior is black/grey. When I have it removed Im debating if I should remove all the a/c componets? Ive read that its a major weight savings and here in washington we really dont need it but for a few months a year. keep in mind this is not going to be an every day car. What do you guys think?

Ive already got the engine bay free from such clutter including the condensor. i was thinking of having a radiator shop make me a custon radiator that fits the size and mounting of the condensor saving me a good 2-3 inches of room between the stock radiator and turbo. That or the idea was to get ppuisher fans and moutn them on the side of the condensor. Its easier but will it really save much room?

on a second note the car hasnt moves or ran so I cannot update on the condition of sounds, qwerks or happenings.

MessyHonda
09-17-2009, 12:01 AM
get it running so we can meet up the b20s

2ndGenGuy
09-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Woah woah, one thing at a time man. You're all over the place here. Just get it running! NA with that ECU and then add on the turbo later.

mykwikcoupe
09-17-2009, 01:57 AM
it starts and runs but needs a tune. rather than pay for 2 tunes Im going to install the turbo and have it tuned then. I know it has compression, runs decent enough to move itself just not well enough to be road worthy.

mykwikcoupe
09-17-2009, 01:58 AM
it starts and runs but needs a tune. rather than pay for 2 tunes Im going to install the turbo and have it tuned then. I know it has compression, runs decent enough to move itself just not well enough to be road worthy.

2oodoor
09-17-2009, 06:34 AM
why does it need a tune? what changed

mykwikcoupe
09-17-2009, 07:34 AM
it was never tuned originally. I just got a basic basemap so it wouldnt toss the codes and i was able to see how much I needed towork on. Its running a touch lean right now. the sparkplugs are a bit too tan crusty for me and they dont last very long either.

mykwikcoupe
01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Well its been a while and not too much has changed since Ive been out of work for too long.

I did get the dash swapped out so i have a complete sei grey/black interior in it and it feels so comfortable and natural. The only thing missing is the gauge cluster since bitesize still has that. I hope itll find its way home oneday. I got the rest of the blue led interior dash lights installed and it looks great on the darker colored interior.

I need to clean the carpet on the drivers side. When I pulled the main relay the fuzzy foam that insulates the vents was slicky and it fell over the carpet. When I cleaned it up it just smeared all over the place. All I need to do is grab some NAPTHA and itll clean right out.

I wish I could say Ive got the tune, or bolted the turbo on it< or anything for that matter but without funds thats tough. I actually came back to this post to try and inspire me to get back into this project instead of going deeper into the white hatch. Maybe you guys can help.

I had another sidejob find me again (Ireally hate doing side jobs even though the money is fantastic in my area). Im hoping to get a good few grand from it. I know I have prior obligations to lx-incredible and lostforawhile but after thats dont i should still have at least another grand kicking around.

Im wondering what to do.
Ive got the konis and the ground controls and they need some fine tuning for sure.
I need to do a little more small suspesnsion work.
The front brakes are AEM 12.5 rotors but stock calipers. The rears are the stock but rebiult and repainted sei rear conversion. Im thinking of doing the larger rear rotors as well that thegreatdane did.
The engine still needs the tune and I really want to upgrade from crome to neptune so i can use the tunerview II. Id like this for the simple reason I wont need a bunch of ugly gauges in the car. I need to have the exhaust done and charge pipes (if I go turbo) and itll be ready for a tune.
Exterior all id want to do at this piont is tint to hide some of the window issues.

All said and done this is way more then what Ill have left over. Im wondering what you guys would do and in what order? I dont really need the car to drive since I ride my motorcycles 360 days a year already. Ive got the white hatch for everything else. Im really used to it just sitting in the garage taking up space. Id want to do it in the order I posted but doubt Ill get the brakes done to do the neptune and tunerview. That alone is $500 and a tune around here is from $200+ and it climbs very fast.

mykwikcoupe
02-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Thankfully enough i actually have an update. I got tabs for the coupe. Its been sitting for over 4 years in the garage. I went in to get tabs for the white hatch and asked how to go abut getting them for the coupe as well since it had been so long. With alot of flirting on my part (Im usually like that anyways) I managed to get the lady to pass me on a vehicle inspection and emissions test. Keep in mind the coupe is still in pieces in the garage. She charged me for new plates and a years worth of tabs and I was on my way. Im stoked.

I had been hesitant on the turbo install since i had to get the car to pass not only a state inspection but a smog inspection as well. Without that its turbo all the way.

I grabbed a BBK 62mm throttle body with biult on MAP, TPS and some idle crap I need to figure how to block off. This way i can remove the mustang 70mm throttle body and bypass the headache of tunning without an IACV.

I also bought Johnny O's old crossmember from 86lxi86 (I hope thats it Steve). This way Ill have a bit more clearance from the crossmember and a solid front mount. I know itll translate to a bit more vibration at idle but Im hoping to due away from the dogbone completely.

I bought a few looks/apperance items as well but on the small nothing major to be repainted and installed at a later day. This week after work and maybe this weekend Im going to be removing the stock exhaust manifold and installing the small turbo I have for it. Ive decided to go back to square one and biuld from that after Ive ran it and seen what I like and dislike. Ill post some pics after i get the turbo on. Let me know if you like or dislike.

Just so nobody has to go back and read. The small turbo is a T3 60/63. Im not sure if I should go for 450cc injectors of 550 injectors but Id like to see 250-280-300 hp totalI dont need all the power this old motor has but enough to be proud of a jjob well done and a fun exciting ride down the road.

charliekuney
02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Do something amazing before I come up on Saturday!

mykwikcoupe
02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Charlie its a good thing it doesnt run otherweise i think it would have been at your house along time ago. Ill see about getting the turbo mani on and if the lower crossmember shows up I cant wait to install that. I need to make new radius rods for it but otherwise Im set.

JohnBoy
02-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Charlie its a good thing it doesnt run otherweise i think it would have been at your house along time ago. Ill see about getting the turbo mani on and if the lower crossmember shows up I cant wait to install that. I need to make new radius rods for it but otherwise Im set.

you must be the one who bought the crossmember that johnny O made? you ass now i have to make one lol. good job though!

mykwikcoupe
02-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Yeah thats me sorry man. You had something for sale i wanted. asnt the clutch but something else. i forget. maybe it was something else. I want to see how much room it gives me. If its not much itll be back up for sale. Im hoping itll clear out the area by the trans brace since thats were my oil drain is located.

JohnBoy
02-16-2010, 10:52 PM
cool you should look in to getting it chromed so when you sale it to me i don't have to. lol i have pretty much all the interier up for sale out of my saden

mykwikcoupe
03-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I bought steves custom front cross member that he bought from Johnny o and I was pretty sad when it showed up with a huge crack just after a weld. It doesnt surprise me much since the exact spot on the opposite side had already been cracked and patched. Steve is such a stand up guy he poffered me a full refund but i turned him down., I instead opted to have it fixed again and this time they added a cross piece that supports the pout ends as well. Steve will be paying for this and still making some profit as well. I need to have it sand blasted and coated but for now its just getting a wire brush and a new coat of paint for mock up purposes during turbo installation.

Ill be removing the stock front cross member to install the turbo hopefully this weekend. Ill snap a few pics and such as i go. Unfortunatly they will be with my cell as the wifey would kill me if I got oil on her nice cameras. Sorry if this doesnt make sence i hurt my shoulkder at work a few days ago and Il totally nocked out on oxycodin right now.

Hoping this new cropss member will give me the much needed space for the downpipe and oil lines. im moving the fans from the engine bay side to the ac condensor side to make even more room. Im hoping to have tons_o_space even after the turbo is fited.

mykwikcoupe
03-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Just a quick update. i got the front crossmember back. Although the fix wasnt done in a way that I saw totally benefitial i picked it up and paid for it. Its drying now. i painted it hammerite black. Ill probably end up pulling the rest of the suspension pieces as I redo the brakes again and paint them as well. Ill try to clean them us real nice like but ifthat doesnt work then Ill paint them. I want so badly to put this mount in but Im sure itll take me a little bit and when I start I know I wont stop till the turbo is mounted up as well.

mykwikcoupe
03-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry no pics yet. I removed the stock lower front crossmember to install the unit I bought and had fixed from 86lxi86. While doing this I figured this was the best time to install some parts. I removed both stock radiator fans and that allowed barely enough space for the turbo kit. I need to remove it one more time to clock the turbo. is the output side of the compressor supposed to face up typically? It seems if it faced down I wouldnt have enough space to clear the bends in the exhaust to get it over to the intercooler.

Im getting everything bolted up thye best I can to see how much I really have left and how much space is left on the shelves in the garage. Pics to follow one of these days. I need charlie the local picture whore to get some while I work. im not too big on pics.

89T
03-14-2010, 01:04 PM
So, when are you getting some pic's?

I'd like to see it.

mykwikcoupe
03-14-2010, 04:34 PM
I http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7135/img00163xp.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5893/img00166.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3586/img00167h.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4843/img00171s.jpg
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7435/img00168g.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6688/img00169u.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3945/img00170j.jpg

89T
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
looks like its coming together very well.

Are you going to water cool it also?

87roach
03-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Nice to finally see something man, it is looking hot.

charliekuney
03-14-2010, 08:38 PM
See how close the map sensor is to the DC brace:
http://i39.tinypic.com/21o0k8k.jpg

Downpipe and wastegate:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2z5p402.jpg

Engine Bay:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2cqcpqw.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/261ete0.jpg

Oil return and such:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wrje6x.jpg

Turbo:
http://i39.tinypic.com/n55yxl.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/160tmq.jpg

I don't know what the fuck this is:
http://i41.tinypic.com/eqs3g9.jpg

mykwikcoupe
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
sweet charlie thanks for posting. my pc crashed right when I hit upload and I didnt think the last post of mine took.

No Ive got an air to air precision intercooler to use for now. Its just the 350hp rated one. Same thing guyanabo is using.

charliekuney
03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
^ That's why I was confused. When you sent them to me, I knew I had already seen them.

LX-incredible
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Looks like you've been busy!

I think 89T was asking about cooling the turbo itself...

Sickest3G
03-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah he has been busy hasn't he. It's looking mighty nice too. That set up sure would be the sweet final touch to my coupe...(Thanks for getting my hopes up mike...GRRR.) But I give mike mad props for sticking to it and not giving up on his project. I may not have been able to get that awesome set up from you mike but I'm still gonna do my 5 speed swap. My bottom end went bye bye so I'll either rebuild the motor or do a B20Z swap to it. If someone here can give me some experienced advice I'll do the swap if not then I'll rebuild now and turbo charge in the near future. Cause the custom shift linkage, custom axles or hybrid axles, and custom engine wiring harness sounds a bit too much and too pricy for these hard times. So if anyone can shoot me some helpful tips on the B20Z swap i would much appreciate it. But it is my daily driver and I only have my CBR to get me around so i need to make a decision bout the engine. HIT ME BACK ASAP.

MessyHonda
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
nice to see it....i need to go pressure my guy who is building my engine...he has been taking his sweet time.

Civic Accord Honda
03-15-2010, 12:31 AM
yay!! looks good , nice to see you working on the ole girl again!

mykwikcoupe
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
you know its bad when you clean the entire engine bay before you start, as you tear everything apart and each part as it goes in. In been sitting so long I still had to wash my hands after working on it a few hours. Had some very light engine residue on certain areas I somehow missed after 6 baths and scrub attempts.

I plan to get as much installed as possible myself then take it to the fabricator and have everything welded up such as the charge pipes and exhaust. I nee to find a few 45 degree AN fittings. Anyone know a good place and how to see what size i currently have?

The turbo itself is from a chrysler 2.2L daytona. Accordepicenter swapped the cold side for me so its a 48 hot side 60 cold side with 50 trim. It allows for oil and water cooling but Im sure I wont be using the water cooling. These engine bays are ugly enough as it is. I do have the goodyear water lines and all the fittings though if I change my mind.

anyone see anything I need to work on or currently have wrong. this is my 1st try afterall. Thanks

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Uh, I think in one of your pictures I noticed that you're missing a trim piece. No fret, though, because I have an extra set that just happen to be in your color!

bullard123
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Looks like a fun project. The first time around is priceless. Glad to see some updates on this project

89T
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
sweet charlie thanks for posting. my PC crashed right when I hit upload and I didn't think the last post of mine took.

No Ive got an air to air precision intercooler to use for now. Its just the 350hp rated one. Same thing guaynabo is using.
don't worry about the intercooler you're not going to be at full boost all the time. It should hold 500 on a drag strip, but will kill you road racing.

anyone see anything I need to work on or currently have wrong. this is my 1st try after all. Thanks
YA, No! that is not going to work. it's a hatch and not a sedan.

charliekuney
03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
^ I thought this thread was about the coupe?

mykwikcoupe
03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Not a hatch but a coupe. At least you covered 2 bases with that one. My white car is the hatch this one is monterey green metallic. The intercooler was purchased for this biuld but at one piont in time I bought a precision sc50 that I wont be using on this engine. I got a b18c as payment from my bro so that will get the larger or my 2 turbos. I do have a T25 as well but I think Ill save that for a lawnmower or something down the road.

Im going to order the civic intercooler kit but I have a question. In my turbo kit that originally came from Mike Lee, the hks BOV is mounted to the piping already. Will this fit on the civic piping or will I need to order another mount and have the bung welded on.

My current O2 sensor was moved to the rear of the engine when I had angus rewire everything. Its a heated 4 wire sensor for the OBD1 swap. My downpipe also has a bung welded into it just a few inches past the turbo. Is this a good place for the wideband sensor?

My oil return line is about 10 inches long, 1/2 inside diameter line and is the high pressure line used on stuff like the power steering. Because of the way the turbo is mounted it may not run directly into the pan but have a slight pool in the corner of the bend. I may be able to swap in a 45 degree fitting at the pan and at the turbo drain but not sure (see pics above for reference). Is this going to be ok or minimal issue.