PDA

View Full Version : can the 88-91 b20a5 upper header work on the jdm b20a

mykwikcoupe
07-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Just the upper portion of the header and the rest the stock accord exhaust. Will this work as Im having a hard time finding a jdm stock mainfold. I dont want to spend 200 on a pacesetter exhaust just to have it modded to work on a car just to get it on the road? That or if anyone has a stock JDM B20A header lying around let me know. Mike

MessyHonda
07-13-2008, 09:14 PM
i think bullard used a b20a5 manifold...greatdane used h22 dc headers

TWOLOUDNPROUD
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Just the upper portion of the header and the rest the stock accord exhaust. Will this work as Im having a hard time finding a jdm stock mainfold. I dont want to spend 200 on a pacesetter exhaust just to have it modded to work on a car just to get it on the road? That or if anyone has a stock JDM B20A header lying around let me know. Mike

Yes i did with my Dc Header of 88-89 Lude.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/DSCN6957.jpg

2oodoor
07-15-2008, 01:43 PM
are not you going turbo? are you asking for a stock B20A cast manifold to get by ~~

hrmm , who do I know that has a complete stock B20A that is going NA carbed and wants to use a tube header?

mykwikcoupe
07-15-2008, 05:55 PM
are not you going turbo? are you asking for a stock B20A cast manifold to get by ~~

hrmm , who do I know that has a complete stock B20A that is going NA carbed and wants to use a tube header?

if you gots one by all means send me a pm with a shipping quote on it. The JY doesnt have any B20a5 stuff around here. Hndas are like sweet nectare to the vultures around here. they dont last for more than a week and they're so picked clean its hard to tell what the chassis used to be.

Yeah I need to get the car passed emissions and I still need alot of turbo only parts, gauges, ectune software, chargpepipes and exhaust so Im gonna buy all those parts and drive the accord and start installing the other parts Ive got lying around.

Ive got the turbo stuff so its not like it wont happen just not as the initial buildup. Ive still got a ton of mockup to do and things to figure out and the cars already been off the lraod 2 years or more. Let me know on that mani, I super stoked

2oodoor
08-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Those factory oem prelude B20A5 cast manifolds look like they would work pretty dam good. They look tuned, unlike this B20 cast manifold for the Accord. Would one of those work on an Accord or is the downpipe too much angle.
I don't really see why a tube header would be much better than those nice looking lude cast jobs, they are 4 in 2 in 1, cylinders paired, nice long runners. I was looking for a prelude header in a few JY today and noticed some of those look sporty.

EX-ileAccord
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I have a stock b20a5 manifold and a stock b20a manifold.

AccordB20A
08-07-2008, 02:05 AM
so the b20a5 upper and the accord b20a lower bolt up and work correctly??

Hauntd ca3
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Those factory oem prelude B20A5 cast manifolds look like they would work pretty dam good. They look tuned, unlike this B20 cast manifold for the Accord. Would one of those work on an Accord or is the downpipe too much angle.
I don't really see why a tube header would be much better than those nice looking lude cast jobs, they are 4 in 2 in 1, cylinders paired, nice long runners. I was looking for a prelude header in a few JY today and noticed some of those look sporty.

yeah those nice long runners are great if you want torque
but dont forget the b20a has a big long stroke which lends itself to decent torque anyways.
i didnt notice any drop off in the bottom end between standard manifold and my 4-1 headers.
if anything it got better bottom end with the header.
may show diff on the dyno, but the seat off the pants seems to say different.
could be the big gain in the top end that makes the low end seem worse off
anyone else have any ideas or opinions?