PDA

View Full Version : ProCarParts White Guages

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 02:08 AM
Does anyone on this board have the white guages from ProCarParts.Com? If so do you think it would be posible for me to get some high quality scans of them? If I could find a place in town, I would buy a pair and scan them, then take them back but there is no place. Please, any help will be apretiated.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 02:11 AM
Not just the ones from Pro Car Parts, if anyone has any sort of White Faced Guages could you please either email them to me, or link them or something so that I can start printing them with a Photo ink Printer, I got some ink that glows with the black light, but different colors look totaly trippy with the ink.

89AccordNate
09-23-2002, 07:46 AM
Why dont you buy a set......their like 25$....wow.

Nate.

custom88
09-23-2002, 11:25 AM
I just recently got mine off ebay for 38.00 shipped, and they keep puting up new ones all the time you should just go on there and buy a set.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Because I dont want to buy a set, it would be worthless.

shepherd79
09-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Worthless? what is the point having white face during the day and shitty look at night.
i have them and i think they are hell lot better than scans.

bobafett
09-23-2002, 12:31 PM
hey do your needles point in or out shepard? if i can find a set that will work with my FT needles then i will buy them!

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 02:21 PM
No, because I'm making my own design.....but its allright cause someone just gave me the scans of the ProCarParts one, and they wont look shitty at night because I'm making REAL GUAGES. They are gonna light up just like the pro car parts one, sept it will have a lil more added onto them. I got 3 plastic peices that are the same size and shape as all of the guages, and they are clear, I'm gonna make a few printouts on Vinyl for the colors of everything and where the lights are gonna shine through and then I'm gonna replace all the lights that are inside the pod with brighter ones. I just wanted High Quality Scans so I can start editing them.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 02:21 PM
My friend Randy is obsessed with doing these things.

bobafett
09-23-2002, 02:55 PM
why do you need such "high quality" scans? how difficult is it to erase the old text, and put in your own, in the right spots! that way its as clean as possible when you go to print!

anyway, i am curious to see how they look when lit from behind... i was worried that the light would shine thru blotchy. so post pics once your done. :) if it looks good then i will finish up my gauge project sooner than i thought!

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Allright, here are my guages at night, Its not realy night, just a picture of my guage pod hooked up to the power of my computer LMAO I blew out 2 bulbs.
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/NightGloS.JPG
Those are the SCANS, but they are being printed out on the Vinyl. There's 2 Sheets, One is pure black and it has the cutouts of all the letters and the white face is one whole peice that is stuck to the black peice which both of them are stuck onto a thin sheet of clear plastic. (CUT FROM CD Cases!)

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 03:35 PM
They didn't come out like I'd hoped, but they are the rough draft, I'm gonna add a few more things to get them to light up at night like the ones from ProCarParts. And I dont want different fonts realy, I want something that goes well with the honda. as you can tell I'm trying to copy the Civic Si's Guage Faces with SEi-R

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Now, what I could use is the 3Geez font......anyone have it?

Mike's89AccordLX
09-23-2002, 04:13 PM
I have the silver faced gauges from procarparts b/c my car will be ice metallic silver in a month.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 04:45 PM
The numerals are navy blue cause my accent color will be navy blue, and the needles are gonna be navy blue, I wish I could get them to light up.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Yeah!! ok :huh:

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
Yeah!! ok :huh:

Yeah Ok what?

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 07:14 PM
***UPDATE***
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/Layout Design.JPG

Under both of those is a clear plastic peice that I cut the same size and shape as the stock guage faces so they fit perfectly. and the black peice was updated since that last pic.

2Fast_Fiero
09-23-2002, 07:22 PM
OutDated Indiglo's Made By MSI:
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/NightGloS.JPG
(Used Clear Bulbs. In Future Pics I'll Use Blue Bulbs.)

Professionaly Done Indiglo's Made By PCP and Priced At $63.95:
http://www.procarparts.com/productimages/ING-89ACDRWT.jpg

2Fast_Fiero
09-25-2002, 02:18 AM
Here are the new guages that took me forever to cut, this time I used neon bulbs instead of the clear ones:
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/SEi-RGlo.JPG

2Fast_Fiero
09-25-2002, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know a different company other then APC that makes those lil NEON Bulbs? I'm allready catching shit for using APC Bulbs in my damn Guage Cluster from a few friends lol.

My 89 Accord Lxi
10-09-2002, 02:33 PM
are there bulbs behind the dash?

2Fast_Fiero
10-09-2002, 06:31 PM
The bulbs are behind the guages, there's a few different faces so that the lights will glow through and I got all the old 12 volt bulbs replaced with blue neon bulbs