PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

CzEcHy
07-14-2008, 11:45 PM
Hello, I'm new here and I was just trying to figure out what possibly I could do to get a little bit more performance from my 88' Accord.. It's unfortunately (from what I've seen in other posts), just a regular LX AND it's not fuel injected (sucks I know)..

I've already flipped the lid on my air box, which actually gave me noticeably more acceleration and a quite nice sound.. I'm just trying to get a general idea of what's available semi-easily (like exhaust, plugs, etc..), and what COULD be fabricated to get me just a bit more juice, I'm not looking for a nascar or anything you know?

(Yes I did use search, but I'm just not sure how to word what I just said in a search bar lol)

Thanks for the help

tenchimuyo93
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
header and cat back are available at summit.com {both pacesetter parts}, a stronger coil/ignition box can be found at most auto parts stores. removing the black box on the fire wall should give a slight performance boost as you ll regain that lost vacuum. if you got the cash for it a Weber carb should be in order to.

with out going FI or nitrous the rest would involve tearing into the head and bottom end of the long block.

bout all i can think of off the top of my head.

CzEcHy
07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Could you give me a direct link to that website? I'm getting something a bit awkward when I try to Google it or even type it in the address bar..

ghettogeddy
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Could you give me a direct link to that website? I'm getting something a bit awkward when I try to Google it or even type it in the address bar..

http://www.summitracing.com/

you want to go with a msd blaster 2 coil some better plugs and wires

pacesetter header and do custom cat back
the pacesetter one sounds like bo bo lol
catco high flow cat
delta or colt cam
whatever grind you want

CzEcHy
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I've got quad platinum Bosch's in now, I need to replace the wires soon, and the distributor cap with it..

labeledsk8r
07-17-2008, 08:31 AM
try out some ngk v powers or ngk plats those bosch's suck ass i used to burn them up within weeks... for good power you can look into a weber setup, and since your in florida you dont have to worrie about smog testing, weight reduction helps alot aswell, rip out the cruise controle and other unneeded parts