PDA

View Full Version : need fuse diagram

Andagail
07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Will someone please help me? I have searched for a long time on here and could not find out anything. The search function is not working.

I have an 89 Accord LXi and I need the diagram that is supposed to be on the fuse box cover under the hood.

None of my interior lights will work except the gauge and radio lights, that is. My cigarette lighter doesn't work, either. I would like to use that plug to charge my phone.

Since I had to have the main relay re-soldered, I wonder if I need to have the cigarette relay re-soldered, too.

Thanks,
Anda

Pico
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Let me know if this is ok I used my cell to take the picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Misc/0715081916.jpg

Andagail
07-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Thank you so much. I am going to change out that fuse and see if it works. There are many different interior lights in my car that should work. I know that it's not the bulbs.

Anda

A18A
07-16-2008, 05:20 PM
heres both of them scanned if you want
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/87vigor/fuse222.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/87vigor/fuses.jpg

Andagail
07-17-2008, 06:20 AM
Good shots. My dash fuse diagram is hard to read. Now I need to go get some 15A fuses. :)

Thanks,
Anda

w261w261
07-17-2008, 07:52 AM
If you need fuses you have other problems too.

Andagail
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
All of the fuses are fine. The interior lights still don't work.

Coolbusracer
08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone...
I just recently got an '86 hatchback and it has a couple issues that need worked out.....

When we got the car none of the interior lights worked and the cigerette lighter didn't work as well.... My radio does work and all the switches on the dash work so I don't know what's wrong..... I am not very skilled in the car so any help would be great....

i know that you helped out Andagail, and was wondering if you could do the same for me...

The only thing that might be helpful to solving the problem is when you put in a new 15a fuse into slot 13 under the hood, the fuse blows out instantly....

I really hope i can get this sorted out....

ghettogeddy
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey everyone...
I just recently got an '86 hatchback and it has a couple issues that need worked out.....

When we got the car none of the interior lights worked and the cigerette lighter didn't work as well.... My radio does work and all the switches on the dash work so I don't know what's wrong..... I am not very skilled in the car so any help would be great....

i know that you helped out Andagail, and was wondering if you could do the same for me...

The only thing that might be helpful to solving the problem is when you put in a new 15a fuse into slot 13 under the hood, the fuse blows out instantly....

I really hope i can get this sorted out....

check the cig lighter wires they could be grounding out

Coolbusracer
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
ok, so it may be even worse.....

we took out the ashtray, the radio (Which isn't stock, and probably the cause of all this mayhem...) and the trim piece under the steering wheel...... There were AT LEAST 3 wires that had at one point been cut.....

They are......
a solid blue wire
a solid red wire
and a solid white wire

the cig lighter panel has been super glued into the dash and we have no way of getting it out without breaking it....

there have been several splices in wires, adding of fuses (for the stereo..... I think...), and connectors just cut off....

I don't know how i can help you guys help me but i really want this fixed, and as cheaply as possible.....

Andagail
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Coolbusracer, I hope you figure out your problem. Maybe a trip to the junkyard to rip out a replacement thingamajig. I am not mechanically inclined.

All my interior lights work now. My brother had jimmied the door switch so the annoying ding would stop.:naughty: The only light that does not work is the door light and that is because it is not connected.

I love this little Honda.