PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding engine harness and need schematic info please

mykwikcoupe
07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Im doing an OBD1 conversion and Im getting rid of the black Vcauum box and Ive got this 6 wire harness hanging out not doing anything. Originally, I was going to remove all 6 wires back to the connector and re-run my own for the stuff Ive added.

Well needless to say, Ive done a 5 speed swap which means I need to run 2 wires out to the reverse switch. Ive also got to relocate the Map sensor from the passenger side fender to the lower side of the intake manifold.

Im wondering if the wires that feed the black box from the engine bay harness NOT the passenger fender go directly from the ecu to that black box connector or if they hit other sensors, control boards or tie into any other lines. If they do go from the ecu striaght to the black box, Ill abandon the stock map sensor wires and tie 3 of these black box wires into the stock ecu pin locations and run to the proper location in the engine. The same will go with the 2 wires for the reverse switch. Ill go from the shifter console to the ecu and interspet 2 of the black box wires from there.

I do realize I still need to run the shielded wires and that fine but the questtions Ive asked are ones Im looking to have answered. Ive got the Haynes manual and paul online manual and quite frankly they dont seem to follow very well with the type of schematics I usually read on a daily basis.

Worst case scenerio Ill run a continuity test on the black box wiring from the ecu and check for multiple pinout from there but I guessed this would be easier on me. Thanks for the help. mike