PDA

View Full Version : help please.

HONDA TEEJ
07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
hey guys. im new to 3 geez.
ok heres what happened, i was making a tight u turn, my tires slid on some dirt and when they caught to road again i went into a curb hitting the front left tire....i know.. im an idiot.
after this i noticed that my steering wheel was off center, to the left. And it pulled to the right a little more than it did before.
also i started hearing a rattling sound from the front left area (the same place i smashed into the curb.) when i accelerate from a stopped position.
i know that i hit the tire because my rim has pretty big scratches on it.

i also get a rattling sound when i turn hard to the left or right. but that existed before this happened. ive read that its caused by the cv joints or the axles. i dont know if this is related or not

any help would be awesome. how to fix it, or what i need to do

thanks guys, peace

Hauntd ca3
07-19-2008, 01:58 PM
chance are that you have bent or broken something and thrown the alignment way out
put it up on stands and pull the wheel off and check it all out
you'll be able to compair it to the other side to see if anything is bent.
use a bar or something to lever on things,just not to hard and you should find what it is thats buggered
get the wheel checked for true as well

2oodoor
07-24-2008, 01:46 PM
In USA most people making a hard U turn are turning left, how did you hit the left side on the curb?
Most likely you need cv joint work, and suspension parts could have been damaged. A nice bruise on a tire will make it pull hard too.