PDA

View Full Version : Plugs for intake manifold/vacuum lines

Bad Bunny
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey:

I just installed my 38 dges weber this weekend. I have a few things left to do including: hook up throttle linkage, and plug up some vacuum lines and open ports on the intake manifold. In pictures of other installs, I have noticed that most everyone uses the same sort of plugs to plug the intake manifold and open ports where little vaccum hoses were removed from.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get some of these plugs? Right now I just have a piece of polyethylene elastic banded to the open ports :flash:

Thanks.

2oodoor
07-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey:

I just installed my 38 dges weber this weekend. I have a few things left to do including: hook up throttle linkage, and plug up some vacuum lines and open ports on the intake manifold. In pictures of other installs, I have noticed that most everyone uses the same sort of plugs to plug the intake manifold and open ports where little vaccum hoses were removed from.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get some of these plugs? Right now I just have a piece of polyethylene elastic banded to the open ports :flash:

Thanks.

I think you can get them in the HELP section at your local franchise auto parts store. Most pro parts places have vaccum cap, tee, etc. assortments you can buy by the piece or an assortment pack.
I had to put hose clamps on mine, an occasional slight diesel condition would spit them out, inconveinient when you are out and about. That said it may be better run a hose from one to another and clamp it, not as neat I know.

turabaka
07-21-2008, 10:27 AM
I bought my caps at autozone. Just bought a kit that had a crapload of random caps in it. Cost me maybe 10 bucks.

2oodoor
07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/P7210202.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/P7210200.jpg

A18A
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
those are the first clear pics of your engine i've seen^^ lol

i just use hoses and stick bolts in them

2oodoor
07-22-2008, 03:53 AM
those are the first clear pics of your engine i've seen^^ lol

i just use hoses and stick bolts in them

I think I figured out the new digi camera settings to internet... they are a whole lots betta yes, now I need to redo all the other pics recently.

Bad Bunny
07-22-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks. I bought a variety pack at Lordco here in Vancouver and it came with different sizes I could use to block off various hoses.

Anybody know what size breather fits onto our PCV mount?

turabaka
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
eh, just grab a universal one out of the rice isle at autozone. Oops I meant the performance parts section. lol