PDA

View Full Version : 5-speed swap

import racer
07-21-2008, 10:28 AM
hey guys i got a couple questions about the tran swap.do the switches for the clutch and reverse just get rewired from the auto shifter or is it more involved.also do you have to change the black box too.

moonjaw2002
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I have a 86 lxi 5 speed that i have run with both ecu's,5 speed and auto.I did not notice any difference when driving the car.Mark

A18A
07-21-2008, 03:40 PM
i never bothered hooking up the clutch switch, i always thought that was just for the cruise control lol. reverse light wires i just ran to the auto shifter

Pico
07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a 86 lxi 5 speed that i have run with both ecu's,5 speed and auto.I did not notice any difference when driving the car.Mark

I ran mine with the A/T ECU for awhile too after I did my swap and kept the same Black Vac. Box and didnt notice any difference either.
For the reverse switch wiring you just need to find the wire the grounds the switch when you shift into reverse, I ended up adding a power wire to my reverse switch from the fuse box to make it work. Cant remember which wire I used at the moment from the A/T harness

AccordB20A
07-21-2008, 07:28 PM
look at your engine wiring loom and where it plugs into the cars loom look on the plug on the engine side there will be a green loop there, thats what you cut and hook your reverse lights too. inside the car just unplug that auto shit put a 30amp fuse in the plug with the two black wires for the starter and tape it there, ground the pink wire and also ground the green/black wire for the reverse lights and it should work. thats what i did.