PDA

View Full Version : I have the worst luck on the planet.

codyJDM
07-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I was about to change my oil, as always. Nothing different in the procedure. Got everything out, got my wheel chocks in, put my floor jack under my tow hook, jacked it up, and it slips off and into the bottom of my radiator. Managed to hit that little fitting that goes wherever the fuck it goes and it is leaking coolant now. I put bars stop leaks in it for now(stopped the leak, temporarily..) because I have to work in less than and hour. Fuck. Can I fix that or do I need an entire new radiator?

Just kill me now, my car keeps breaking my heart!

lostforawhile
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I was about to change my oil, as always. Nothing different in the procedure. Got everything out, got my wheel chocks in, put my floor jack under my tow hook, jacked it up, and it slips off and into the bottom of my radiator. Managed to hit that little fitting that goes wherever the fuck it goes and it is leaking coolant now. I put bars stop leaks in it for now(stopped the leak, temporarily..) because I have to work in less than and hour. Fuck. Can I fix that or do I need an entire new radiator?

Just kill me now, my car keeps breaking my heart!don't put the jack under the center point put a jack stand under each side point,the lift points on the car. you need a new radiator, i think,take a picture of what you hit. don't buy a new one see if someone on here has a good used one first.

86ccord
07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
are you talking about those lil metal hose looking things? yeah do what lost said.. take a picture

MessyHonda
07-21-2008, 07:45 PM
that almost happen to me...i was jacking up my car with from the tow hook and i was trying to move it to the side when the jack sliped...i ran to get my other jack to jack it up and take out the 3 ton jack. i didnt bust my radiator...but it was close.

russiankid
07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
This is why I don't use the tow hook. I place the jack tad bit behind the transmission mount on the cross member.

codyJDM
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
My car is too low to get anything but a 3" slim one(which I dont have) under it anywhere but there.

Life is rough. I think it just busted that dumbass thing that for automatic cars coolant line to the tranny. Im gonna try and stick a bolt in it thats the same size if the plastic around it isnt cracked. I hope thats all it is.

Toneloc5145
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I have never jacked my car up from the front. I feel much more safe having the jack on the side, so all of that weight from the engine is not weighing down on that one jack. Plus you can use multiple jack stands in case one does break or slip, the car can land on the other one.

lostforawhile
07-21-2008, 08:27 PM
My car is too low to get anything but a 3" slim one(which I dont have) under it anywhere but there.

Life is rough. I think it just busted that dumbass thing that for automatic cars coolant line to the tranny. Im gonna try and stick a bolt in it thats the same size if the plastic around it isnt cracked. I hope thats all it is.i will look and see if i have the ends i have a manual car with the automatic radiator so i don't need those screw in pieces

codyJDM
07-22-2008, 12:06 AM
That would be awesome lost, I will have pics and a better inspection of the damage tomorrow.

russiankid
07-22-2008, 08:10 PM
I have never jacked my car up from the front. I feel much more safe having the jack on the side, so all of that weight from the engine is not weighing down on that one jack. Plus you can use multiple jack stands in case one does break or slip, the car can land on the other one.

I have a 3 1/2 ton jack. It lifts my BMW up without breaking a sweat and it has a leaking shaft.:gun:

Why don't you use some ramps? I am sure you could roll the car up onto those.

codyJDM
07-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Good idea russiankid, I should just get some ramps. Tomorrow I figure out if my radiator is trash or not, hopefully I can just replace that worthless a/t fitting on my manual car with a bolt. I hope it didnt crack the plastic the fitting screws into.