PDA

View Full Version : 87lx-i charging problems PLEASE HELP

Roknboker
07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
so my girls accord has had its battery light on for a while and finally the car died last week. we pulled the alternator since the battery was only getting 12v when the car was on. had it checked at autozone and it was fine. put it back in and tried again. the alternator was charging the battery at 14v after that. battery light was still on though.

two days later the car died again and then the battery was at 12v again with the car on. so i figured maybe something was lose int he alt so it wouldnt charge all the time or something. took it to autozone and it failed this time, so i got another one. installed it and everything was working good, charging at 14v when the car was on and bat light was off this time.

so then a few hours later my girl is warming her car up to leave and its sitting running for maybe 5 minutes and then the bat light comes on. so i check the battery voltage and its at 12v again. so i check the alt to see whats up and it says 12v too. so im like um...wtf you know. then as im watching the battery drops to 11v then 10v with the alt mirroring the same voltage. so we turn the car off so we dont drain the battery all the way. so now its sitting in my garage again...and i need to figure out whats going on.

maybe the voltage regulator?? I really dont know. please help someone!! she needs her car back and we dont have the money to spend a lot of it on a mechanic