PDA

View Full Version : help with weber carb.

OldSkoolA20accord
07-21-2008, 08:54 PM
if i turbo my a20 with a weber 32/36 where can i get a carb hat for it?

cygnus x-1
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Hmm, not sure. You would have to search around on google.

But generally speaking turbos are not usually done with carbs anymore. Fuel injection is so much superior to carbs for tuneability that it's not really worth the trouble to turbo a carb. The 32/36 is also a pretty small carb. It would be goofy to turbo one.

C|

OldSkoolA20accord
07-21-2008, 09:43 PM
then what should i do.

i want to turbo it but heard that converting to F.I. is a pain.

A18A
07-21-2008, 09:46 PM
convert to efi :D

2oodoor
07-22-2008, 03:36 AM
nitrous, programable timing control, viola !

OldSkoolA20accord
07-22-2008, 06:30 AM
will the sds eic work? i dont want to convert to honda fuel injectiom. i want total controll of it.

or the sds 4f
http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html

$1500 isnt bad

cygnus x-1
07-22-2008, 07:01 AM
The SDS would probably work. One thing to consider though is who will be doing the tuning. If you will have a shop do the tuning, ask them what system they are good at and use that. On the other hand if you will be tuning it yourself get whatever system you think you can figure out. If you're really into DIY a Megasquirt will be the cheapest option. But it will take some electronics know how.

Turbo is not going to be easy or cheap no matter what. At least if you want to do a good job and not toast the engine. If you haven't already check out the Forced Induction section here on 3geez.

C|

OldSkoolA20accord
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
i want to do it right. i would probably try to tune it myself. im gonna rebuild the a20 and run a b16 intke manifold. im going to talk to someone from sds to see how hard its going to be.

Vanilla Sky
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Find someone that can tune megasquirt and build yourself. I really want to MS my Camaro.

cygnus x-1
07-22-2008, 08:06 PM
You already have another thread going for turbo so I'm going to post over there (about the turbo) instead of here.

MS really is very cool for what it costs. And any competent tuner ought to be able to figure it out pretty quickly. If you aren't good at soldering you can also get pre-assembled ECUs. You'll need to wire up all the sensors, but that goes for any engine management system. And if you get stuck there is a huge and quite diverse user base for MS over at msefi.com. Of course if anyone else ever puts a MS on an A20 I would be more than happy to share my maps and configuration.

Ok, I'll stop evangelizing.

C|