PDA

View Full Version : Bike To Moped Kit

bank2me
07-22-2008, 08:57 AM
So i haven't been on in a while. Anyways I have recently found a cool little kit in wisconsin auto and rv. The kit is to convert a pedal bike to a moped (kind of). The kit consists of the 80cc engine, clutch sprocket gas tank and what not. So if anyone has tried this let me know. The website is biketomopedkit.com . I would like to get a video on here once i finish it. It's supposed to get close to 150 mpg and do about 35-40 mph. Let me know what you guys think.

86ccord
07-22-2008, 10:38 AM
So i haven't been on in a while. Anyways I have recently found a cool little kit in wisconsin auto and rv. The kit is to convert a pedal bike to a moped (kind of). The kit consists of the 80cc engine, clutch sprocket gas tank and what not. So if anyone has tried this let me know. The website is biketomopedkit.com . I would like to get a video on here once i finish it. It's supposed to get close to 150 mpg and do about 35-40 mph. Let me know what you guys think.

wow dude that's pretty cool.. but where i live i'd have to have it go at least 55-60mph but if you live in town, i say go for it!

labeledsk8r
07-22-2008, 11:12 AM
i know someone that has done this. i didnt look at the site but it sounds like the same kit. he had some problems with the chain length but he loved the thing.. he ended up crashing it due to a semi driveing by and the wind blew him over

johndej
07-22-2008, 12:15 PM
haha, imagine a burn out on that sucker

frantik
07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
he ended up crashing it due to a semi driveing by and the wind blew him over

LOL that must have sucked

i want to get something like that though.. i live in a city and dont need a big 4 door car to go get groceries and whatnot, but it's a bit too far to ride imo

A18A
07-22-2008, 02:19 PM
damn cool! i want one!

ZackieDarko
07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
i Know Someone That Has Done This. I Didnt Look At The Site But It Sounds Like The Same Kit. He Had Some Problems With The Chain Length But He Loved The Thing.. He Ended Up Crashing It Due To A Semi Driveing By And The Wind Blew Him Over

I Lol'd

DBMaster
07-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Cool. I once rode one of the old mopeds that had the engine above the front wheel and drove it by friction. Basically, the engine drove an abrasive roller that you would engage onto the front tire to have a front wheel drive "scooter." I doubt it went over 20mph, though.

bank2me
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah I almost have it finished hopefully tommorow It will be done. I want to get a video up of it. I first put the kit on a roadbike witht the weird handle bars but that wasnt gonna work so now it is on a mountain bike. I will get a vid up soon.

86ccord
07-24-2008, 01:09 PM
LOL that must have sucked

i want to get something like that though.. i live in a city and dont need a big 4 door car to go get groceries and whatnot, but it's a bit too far to ride imo

lol how the hell would you get groceries on a damn bicycle anyways? LOL

2oodoor
07-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I wonder how you could get it to work with the gears... may wind up needing a disc brake too:beat:

Vanilla Sky
07-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Here, that would require a motorcycle endorsement and proper running lights because it's over 49CCs.