PDA

View Full Version : Very ghetto dash phone mount lol

Strahan
07-22-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a Blackberry 7520. I never had a problem with how to mount it in my car, but then I got a Bluetooth headset and now I realize I want to be able to see the screen when I get a call so I know who it is before I answer. Normally when I do a car mount I just glue a holster to the car somewhere. Problem is, the phone goes in the holster with the screen facing the inside so you cannot see it:

http://www.nischan.com/crap/dsc03960.jpg

I had the bright idea to take a dremel to an extra holster then gorilla glue some bent L brackets to it so I could mount it. I forgot how much gorilla glue expands when it sets, hehe. What a ghetto looking mess. I used two self tapping screws to hold it onto the dash, works good. I was suprised they had a good bite in that spongy dash stuff.

End result:

http://www.nischan.com/crap/dsc03958.jpg

:lol:

I need to take it back out and cut the excess glue off and paint it black, but at least it works great for its intended function lol.

86ccord
07-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Ghetto is right my man...but hey good thinking, im sure after some paint it will look good. what i did with my phone i bought the belt clip thing for it and i just slid the clip over my visor and put my phone there.. so yeah.. anyways.. post pics when finished!

Civic Accord Honda
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
hey ghetto is the best way to be mayne

Pico
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
hey ghetto is the best way to be mayne

You would know :lol:

Back on topic: It''s a good idea

russiankid
07-22-2008, 08:08 PM
You know they sell magnets that you could stick onto your dash and the phone sits on it? After some paint it should look better.

MessyHonda
07-22-2008, 08:59 PM
my friend has a high end pioneer deck and when some one call him it shows the caller id on the screen and mutes the vol.

Strahan
07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Yea, that's what I need hehe. The magnet idea is cool, but the Blackberry uses a magnet to know when it's in the holster so it would always think it's holstered if I used that. Problem with that is when it's holstered the screen is disabled.

Only problem I've had so far is since the phone isn't in my belt clip now, I walked almost totally out of the parking garage this morning before I realized the phone was still on the dash hehehe.