PDA

View Full Version : replacing auto shift cable

2oodoor
07-26-2008, 04:57 PM
The manual is pretty vague. I can't tell how you get to the transmission end of the shift selector cable.? there is a cover plate and bolt retaining the plate but once you get there it looks like the end of the cable is way further inside the transmision case.
Anybody have any tips on this. I know you would have to replace it if you got a used tranny, unless it was left in from the previous car.

AccordB20A
07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
its in the bell housing, you can see it easy without it on the engine. just a 12mm bolt i think. there is a cover over it where it comes out. i cant remember if you need to remove tjhat...

2oodoor
07-27-2008, 02:17 AM
so you say I have to remove the &%$# transmission now .. that I have it all installed.. :crying:

2oodoor
07-27-2008, 01:02 PM
NO sweat, with the motor and tranny out of the car. The one in the car is a different story. Yes it was easy once the torque converter shield comes off, after removing couple of mounts.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/P7270212.jpg
About an hour to get the cable out with the engine tranny out of the car, looks like about three in the car (complete install of cable)