PDA

View Full Version : I need a new rear bumper... can't get it in Canada

carotman
07-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Well,

I'm picky about some things on my car. I love my black bumpers and I want them to be perfect :D

I already got a new front bumper a few years ago and now I was a new rear bumper. My bumper has a couple if scuffs and I just want to replace it.

I found out that they have been discontinued and aren't available anymore in Canada. I was wondering if anyone has a new bumper laying around :rolleyes:or if they can check at the dealer. I don't want an aftermarket replacement since they usually don't fit too well.

The part number is 71501-SE5-A20 (it's for a DX).

Thanks

P.S. The worst thing is that I got a brand new rear bumper here but it's for an 86-87 :(

87roach
07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Which bumper is that carot? I went to honda and asked for a new rear one for my hatch and like you they aren't around anymore.

I'm looking for a new rear 86-87 (hatch) one, is that the one you have?

Also the guy I had did some searching around and I don't believe the US had anything either.

Cheeseburger
07-28-2008, 09:24 AM
I bought both front and rear Honda bumpers new from the dealer before i had it painted. They didnt have a hard time at all finding them. If your willing to pay for the shipping ill go out and buy it for you and ship it. Also did you try the online shops? hondapartsdeal.com, majestic Honda ( http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ ) How about calling a US Honda dealer that is near the boarder of Canada?

carotman
07-28-2008, 09:30 AM
The 86-87 bumper is for a sedan... that sucks.

I'll try the online shops. If it's available is any warehouse in the US, the dealer will be able to get it. I'll might call a dealer close to canada and make a nice road trip :D

carotman
07-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Done,

I sent an email to DELLA Honda, Plattsburgh.

I'll give them a call if I don't hear from them soon.

87roach
07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Hmm, I wanted to try the dealer before I ventured online. The front is readily available but the rear is not, so I want to try to find a rear one first. I will have to look into majestic or someone else when I get the money for it.

Cheese that sounds like a pretty good deal, if you happen to swing by the honda dealer, ask if they have a rear 87 hatch bumper(skirt, plastic, face, whatever you want to call it) and report back..