PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issue with my car.. Need assistance :D

Tomisimo
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Well, thanks for looking in here :D

Lil about my problem here, I dont know what happened but after this winter I tried to do some CPR to my 3Gee with my friend, my battery was dead, dont even wanted to charge, so I went to a local JY an got me one for free, 70Ah like new from a new Ford Focus.. Got Energizer home lol.. its a story of its own, but.. My friend didnt see pole signs so he messed up plus with minus.. Luckily he only touched once, but the damage was done and now When I turn on long light, the wipers goes off, when I turn indicators to right, guess what, the wipers goes off and keep wiping my dry wind shield.. I tried to find out on my own, but so far no luck, Ouhh.. and when I move the ColdHeat regulator, I can hear electrical buzz under the dush, I have checked reley's , the black box.. and every single fuse, only one that directs contact to main lighting of speedo and the rest burns every time I turn on the lights..

Any Ideas?what can it be?

My thoughts is just to replace entyre nerve system on my car, because it will take for ever to find one burned wire in those noodles..

2oodoor
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
No man, you may have relays that are toasted or missing a current or ground signal.so they are not functioning right. Also check all the main fuses, those little sugar cube fuse looking things you have to get of another Honda. The mishap probably just fried a ground at a weak spot, or popped a fuse/circuit breaker so the relays are missing a signal.

Those would be the simple first things I would check, then check switches damage from that point if everything else is cool. Look for things in common that may feed of the same root circuit somewhere.

lostforawhile
07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
those circuits aren't on relays, i think he just made a toasty mess. with hooking up the negative backwards, he instantly sent current in reverse through every circuit on the car. if it can't be found it's really not that hard to pull a harness and all new modules from a junkyard. the harness is all pre terminated already. might have fried the alternator diodes and the computer also,plus the dash warning center for sure,reverse biased every diode in the circuit.

2oodoor
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
If those circuits are not on relays, other are, hence my point about finding common denominaters.
The alternator is protected by main fuses under the hood. Regulator is likely not though.
T man does have things working, just not all of it at the right time, or when switched to power the appliance, that is a tell. Truely red hot fried worms would be taking out fuses, contacts, and connectors.
I would not condem all the harness or electronics just yet.

2oodoor
07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree with biased diodes, how many off those are there around?

Tomisimo, did you say the headlights are blowing the fuses every time?
Hard to tell what you said there..

Hooking up the batt reverse pole for just a quick touch would not have burned any wiring I would bet. Like I said, contacts, connections, main fuses (not neccessarily THE infamous main fuse) and polarity sensative electronics where they are not fuse protected, I hope for the best and say an open not a short, is the problem. But when I say that and the wipers are possesed, what open would create that backflow in current???? and not popping a fuse ...
European models have a slightley different current path btw. There are relays related to those circuits, intermid wipers comes to mind.

It is possible that at least one of those problems is just a coincedence and may have nothing to do with the mishap.

Tomisimo
07-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, Yes roodoo2 , everytime i switch on the lights the fuse fries. :S I dont have any more fuse to use, need to rob a JY soon.. LoL :ugh2:

Before I do anything stupid, I'll take the dash off and see whats what, maybe I'll be lucky to find or smell me to a fried noodles or sugar like bits there :cool:

edit: and yes, the engine starts and goes, no problem with that, so ECU is intact. One more thing tho, back light dont light, on the right side and park light at the front..

lostforawhile
07-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I agree with biased diodes, how many off those are there around?

Tomisimo, did you say the headlights are blowing the fuses every time?
Hard to tell what you said there..

Hooking up the batt reverse pole for just a quick touch would not have burned any wiring I would bet. Like I said, contacts, connections, main fuses (not neccessarily THE infamous main fuse) and polarity sensative electronics where they are not fuse protected, I hope for the best and say an open not a short, is the problem. But when I say that and the wipers are possesed, what open would create that backflow in current???? and not popping a fuse ...
European models have a slightley different current path btw. There are relays related to those circuits, intermid wipers comes to mind.

It is possible that at least one of those problems is just a coincedence and may have nothing to do with the mishap.there are about 40 hidden diodes all over the car buried in the harness and in modules. in addition the headlight controller module has quite a few but is not fixable since it's sealed all it takes is a second of reverse current to fry a lot of things. the alternator diodes would have immedietly been reverse biased and they are most likely gone,thats one of the main things that goes.

Demon1024
07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
been there Tom... my brother hooked up mine backwards and didn't notice tried starting it and it started smoking behind the dash. i ended up replacing the dash wiring and all was well.

2oodoor
07-29-2008, 02:34 AM
there are about 40 hidden diodes all over the car buried in the harness and in modules. in addition the headlight controller module has quite a few but is not fixable since it's sealed all it takes is a second of reverse current to fry a lot of things. the alternator diodes would have immedietly been reverse biased and they are most likely gone,thats one of the main things that goes.

Just trying not to pour the baby out with the bath water.... just a touch with the reverse pole I have seen it happen before and not cause horrific damage such as demon1024 's which in that case is no doubt that would cook wires.
Tomisimo are you checking both fuse box locations, under the hood and under the dash?
Make a list of exactley what else on the car is or is not working electrically.
So far you say the headlights pop (which fuse location?) a fuse (there are several for headlights, even left or right, hi or low beam) and the wipers work when they are turned off if the lights are on. Anything else?
When the car is running, does the alternator charge at the acceptable rate?
brake lights work?
radio?
running lights?
turn signals?
hazard flashers?
does the door ajar image work properley?
dome light?

Tomisimo
08-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Just trying not to pour the baby out with the bath water.... just a touch with the reverse pole I have seen it happen before and not cause horrific damage such as demon1024 's which in that case is no doubt that would cook wires.
Tomisimo are you checking both fuse box locations, under the hood and under the dash?
Make a list of exactley what else on the car is or is not working electrically.
So far you say the headlights pop (which fuse location?) a fuse (there are several for headlights, even left or right, hi or low beam) and the wipers work when they are turned off if the lights are on. Anything else?
When the car is running, does the alternator charge at the acceptable rate?
brake lights work?
radio?
running lights?
turn signals?
hazard flashers?
does the door ajar image work properley?
dome light?

Hi there.. yes I can see what fuse fries, but i belive that is the one that is third on the first roe, 15A, And yes the turnsignals work, brake work, park lights work, dash dont, but signals on the dash dos work, like door ajar, turns and long light indicator.. well all of them do. Radio works.
The wipers goes off even if they are off, that is the thing.. About alternator I dont really sure, but my last battery was intact until it staid under the hood over winter.
Yes i have checked all fuses under the hood too, all there was good and the engine is running strong, no problem there.. Anyhow i cant really tell where it might be a fault, I was hoping You experts can think of something :)

I'll appreciate ;)

thx