PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Accord_racer68
09-23-2002, 02:34 PM
i know this may be the wrong category, i apologize for that but im in a hurry, what would you guys rather take?........................... a 97 mustang, camaro, or a 96-2000 honda civic. im sorry this is off subject i just want to get an answer form you guys because you guys give hell of good suggestions. thanks.

damackz
09-23-2002, 02:47 PM
get a mustang GT or camaro as much as i like imports the performance of those 2 kick ass and like dey got huge after market support, however a 99-2000 civic SIR coupe well i guess its an SI is pimped as well depends if u wanna go fast or go flossing at a much slower rate lol

Mantis88LX
09-23-2002, 02:59 PM
civic :super:

Import = :) :super: :eek:

Domestic = :banghead: :rant: :wtf: :barf:

GreenMachine
09-23-2002, 03:12 PM
I'd go with camaro, just for a change to a powerful rearwheel drive. Not really a ford fan, and well the civics are nice to, just that there everywhere you look now.
Hey but either would be nice !

Mike's89AccordLX
09-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Go with the Civic. Hondas all the way.

iiviasterp
09-23-2002, 06:40 PM
it all depends.... i say if you got a stang... get a 87-93 5 litre... the mods on those are almost as unlimited as hondas... that is if you were thinkin of modding the motor... and there are virtually no mods available for LS1 camaros.... and i really hope you werent thinking of getting the v6 model in either car... cause if you were, go with the civic 4 sure.... v6 camaros, mustangs, and firebirds should have never been made! i love hondas to death... but you gotta love the sound of a throaty v8 and rear wheel drive....

87accordlxi
09-23-2002, 07:07 PM
camaro. if its a '93+ V8 you cant go wrong

Grant2k
09-23-2002, 07:09 PM
if you want a car that will start every time you turn the key, go with the honda. and if you want a car that is gonna stay on the road when it is anything but dry, go with the honda. but otherwise, i'd take the camaro. mustangs went downhill after the fox-body, and camaros are gone, so it's the sickest choice all around. you really can't beat the sound of a V8, and fishtailing is awsome.

shepherd79
09-23-2002, 07:15 PM
it all depends how you will drive and when you will drive.
front wheel drive cars do great in the winter.
rear wheel drive suck ass in the winter.

civic has big aftermarket support.
but mustang and camaro have big aftermarket support.

civic= fuel economy, with prices on gas like this you will need good economy.
mustang or camaro = gas eaters.
you will have to decide wheather you will have more power and less control, and less gas millege or you will go with something that has great gas millege and nicely controls.

my friend had 2001 GMC sierra full size truck, he switched to "99 civic, because he liked the way it handles for it is size. plus he likes the response of the engine.

Neuspeed87lx
09-23-2002, 07:18 PM
i would take the mustang ....and drive it off a cliff

smufguy
09-29-2002, 08:47 AM
then i would clean up the squish body of Neuspeed87lx, and drive the car away. :flip:

89AccordGSR
09-29-2002, 02:43 PM
say it with me kids, Super Sport, big block, vvvrrrrrooooooommmmm, but.......................i love my imports though

K DASH
09-29-2002, 08:18 PM
get the mustang, sell it, buy a better civic

^_^

YK86
09-29-2002, 08:47 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. My Mustang IS NOT a very economical car at all and I would not buy it as my only car. High insurance (almost double the Accord), not that great gas mileage (better than you would think though), not too much room to carry stuff, and it's useless in the winter. 97's didn't come with traction control either. I'm sure it's quite the same for the Camaro too. BUT in exchange, you get a fast and fun car right from the start and tons of aftermarket support.
A Civic is more better suited for daily driving. Good gas mileage, cheap insurance, good power (US SI or Canadian SIR) decent room to carry stuff, and lots of aftermarket support.

But this is all assuming you are getting either a V8 or top of the line Civic. They are all good at what they are supposed to do. Just depends on what you are looking for.