PDA

View Full Version : How to mount 3g Prelude seats in your 3g Accord

Bones
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Step 1. Unbolt and remove your original seats (of course). Make sure you disconnect the seatbelt sensor underneith before trying to remove the driver seat from the car.

You should be left with something like this .... this is a good time to deep clean the carpet too.
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/666Bones666/LudeSeats/DirtyFloor.jpg

Step 2. Disassemble the plastic cover on the side nearest to the door on each seat, by removing the 2 screws, to access the two 12mm nuts holding the slider track onto the front of the seat frame. The rear of the slider is held on with a 10mm bolt, accessable inside the slider itself. You may need to pull off the handle that controls the seat tilt adjustment to get the plastic cover off the side of the seat. Disconnect the steel wire that ties the sliders together as well.

Remove the slider from the same side on the prelude seats. (same way too)

Step 3. This is the tricky part (yeah right!), You need to enlarge the hole (marked with a B in the pic below) at the front of the prelude seat frame towards the back of the frame about an eighth of an inch or so. You will also need to drill a 5/16 inch hole about 1 inch from the middle hole on the seat frame (new hole is marked with an A in the pic below). Use the slider from the Accord seat as a guide to where to drill the hole.

Should look like this when your done ... (front of the passenger side seat frame is at the bottom of the pic)
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/666Bones666/LudeSeats/TrackInstall.jpg

Step 4. Mount the Accord seat slider to the Prelude seat frame with some spacers between them (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch worth) to level the seat in the car. Re-assemble the side covers of the seats in reverse order of disassembly. Remount the seats into your Accord.

Step 5. Enjoy your new seats!

Helpfull tip: bolt down the seat slider next to the door first. If ya gotta do any pushing on the sliders to line up the bolt holes, it's easier to push on the seat from outside the car, than it is to push on a slide bracket from inside the car toward the doors.

ghettogeddy
07-30-2008, 07:12 PM
nice write up some one sticky this

87roach
07-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Good stuff man, thanks for writing this up!

Bones
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
It's actually a lot simpler to do than I thought it would be from the incomplete descriptions I was always finding around.

A lotta webpages would show pics of the completed seat install and say something vague about the necessity of swapping seat tracks, or they would mention that the seats wont sit level in the car, but they usually didnt post the specifics like how bad the level was off or which seat slider needed swapped, and where to get the one needed for the swap.

That kinda stuff made me put off trying to do this for a long time, but just recently these seats practically jumped out at me from a junkyard car screaming buy me now!