PDA

View Full Version : cam timing

87SIA20A3T
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
well, I just got my stage 1 tri flow and plan on putting it in in the next week. I also have a GE adjustable cam gear(thanks roodoo2) and was if anyone had any pointers on this. Correct please if i am wrong since I would rather the pistons and valves meet, but if you retard the cam timing, does this give you more topend power? or am i completely off?

ghettogeddy
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Basically, advance for low end; retard for high end.

EricW
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Basically, advance for low end; retard for high end.

Yep, I would just advance it 1 or 2 degrees, unless you do anything that needs more top end. You really shouldn't have to go more than that in either direction. I advanced mine 3 degrees once and it wasn't any better than with it advanced 2 degrees, i had a gude cam. I could really feel the power pick up around 2.5k. Don't forget to reset your timing after you adjust the gear.

ghettogeddy
08-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Yep, I would just advance it 1 or 2 degrees, unless you do anything that needs more top end. You really shouldn't have to go more than that in either direction. I advanced mine 3 degrees once and it wasn't any better than with it advanced 2 degrees, i had a gude cam. I could really feel the power pick up around 2.5k. Don't forget to reset your timing after you adjust the gear.

ya i think i have mine set at 1 degree advance it def picks up at about 2500

but with my toyo proxes 4s and the heavy chrome rims i cant really rip into 2nd without some clutch burning lol