PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a old 3g accord, 1989 Blue Lx-i

dinhscot
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm back into the game again, i just bought my second 3g accord. Its an old 1989 Blue Lx-i accord, with really low miles. 70,600 miles on the OD.. buts its actual miles and run and drive very smooth.

ebay it two weeks ago for only $835, a steal i think. :idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260257863416

don't know much about car but i want to install a CAI any suggestion? there hardly any after market support for our model year... would any CAI Accord setup off Ebay would work with some mod?

A18A
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
not bad car, even comes with 3/4 tank of petrol :D

ghettogeddy
08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm back into the game again, i just bought my second 3g accord. Its an old 1989 Blue Lx-i accord, with really low miles. 70,600 miles on the OD.. buts its actual miles and run and drive very smooth.

ebay it two weeks ago for only $835, a steal i think. :idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260257863416

don't know much about car but i want to install a CAI any suggestion? there hardly any after market support for our model year... would any CAI Accord setup off Ebay would work with some mod?

dont be a ebay upgarder lol
look around the site in the how to's section theres a how to for a cai

dinhscot
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
hey, i got a few hits on my post.. awesome.

yea the 3/4 tank of fuel was a bonus that seal the deal for me! JK... but it use it to drive 60miles back to where i live.

first time i bought a car off ebay. I never seen the car nor driven it... just bid.. then I Won.. a little shell shocked as too what i did wrong. took a 4 hour bus up north pay for the car and drove it home..

I am completely happy that i just bought one of the best Engineer Car for its it time. Even today, a testament to how well this car is built and hold up. There so many members still enjoy the 3g accord even after the go on to buy newer cars.

redaztec
08-02-2008, 06:32 AM
I saw that Accord on eBay, glad you found this site. Welcome!

Wow, 70K miles is low, barely broken in! My 89's well over 200K and still going with original motor and trans - with good maintenance I'm sure yours will last that and more.

:welcome:

dinhscot
08-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the greeting redaztec,

yea! i'm excited, i bought into the family eh? I'm glad i found this site and i been glue to it for a few days now.. i'm just reading and looking into anything and everything helpful here. in fact one of the sticky write up on Wheel/ upgrade help me out a lot as i was able to score a good price on a use 16" RIM off a honda prelude 1991. you guys are the BEST!

I gee i see guys installing full Turbo setup and others transplanting B16a and H22A engine into this car as well... WoW!

Civic Accord Honda
08-02-2008, 09:39 PM
hiya! looks like you got a great deal there man! car looks like its in pretty good shape just go to the junkyard and see if you can find a blue fender should not be too hard :)
and heres the DIY for the intake
Frantiks CAI DIY (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=674409&postcount=5)

good luck and have fun :)

dinhscot
08-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I read up on Frantiks CAI DIY and thats one of the project that i'm gonna do... eeking out a few more HP without changing reliablity of my car sound like a true winner to me.

Strange since getting this honda got me excited about "Cars" agian. Working on them.. making them a little faster etc... make me moist in the eye

**Tears**

86ccord
08-03-2008, 02:24 PM
hey bro, nice ride.. looks clean! awesome interior.. to bad it's and auto.. :D