PDA

View Full Version : I'm being begged to trade my car for..

codyJDM
08-01-2008, 12:28 PM
A friend of mine who sold me my LS mesh want to trade me for his EF sedan.

Its Element beige slammed on coilovers on black enkeis with SiR bumpers/trim

It has a semi built LS with CAI 4-2-1 header and catback, full MSD ignition, and a 75 shot of spray. It is so damn fast that I can't even believe it lol.

His car is cleaner than mine, has half the mileage, but doesnt have PS or A/C, and I live in TX where its over 100 for weeks on end. I dont know what to do, this is real tough for me. My car won't pass inspection either so that is making me lean toward the trade. I need some insight guys, and sorry, no pics(wish I did this car is beautiful)

dinhscot
08-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Do the trade.... sound like its a steal... u can always drive fast with the window down and throw water in your face.. its like a poor man A/C plus gas mileage don't suffer! :idea:

but i would get your car to pass emission as thats a fair thing to do for your friends. don't they sell a bottle that guarantee a pass if you just pour it in your tank and let the engine run for awhile??

ghettogeddy
08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
your moving to so cal soon right lol

A18A
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
why does he want to trade? sounds a bit suss to me

codyJDM
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
He needs a DD with PS and A/C cause he's building a turbo bseries civic right now. He can get it passed without it actually passing lol, he knows those kinda guys.

2oodoor
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
rule number one: never buy a used car that had nitrous hooked to it
rule number two: see rule number one

codyJDM
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
your moving to so cal soon right lol

Yeah and driving across the country with no p/s a/c or c/c sounds like a ton of fuckin fun right? haha.

codyJDM
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
rule number one: never buy a used car that had nitrous hooked to it
rule number two: see rule number one

Im worried about that too

ghettogeddy
08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
i say stick with the hatch you know you love it more

Pico
08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
only thing I can say is "Do what you feel is right" it's your ride and only you can be happy with what you do.
But if it was me I'd keep the 3G. A faster car is gonna get you in a whole lot of trouble (speeding tickets)

Catalyst
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I say keep the hatch. I would never buy a car that has been modified by someone else... unless it was by a legit shop.

Plus, think about how many civic's you see cruising around everyday, and think of how few clean ass 3g hatches you see every day. Now it may just be me, but I like standing out from all the other honda scene kids!

Civic Accord Honda
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I say keep the hatch. I would never buy a car that has been modified by someone else... unless it was by a legit shop.

Plus, think about how many civic's you see cruising around everyday, and think of how few clean ass 3g hatches you see every day. Now it may just be me, but I like standing out from all the other honda scene kids!
word!
civics are alot like emo kids they keep spreading and geting worse and worse :rofl: