PDA

View Full Version : most embarassing thing youve ever done to your car/should i paint valve cover

mastaofdisasta
08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Weve all done mods to our car that look not so good, anyone that has seen my earliest post and some of my not so early posts knows that i am no stranger to stupid things done to a 3gee. Post pics of you 3geez fail.

ill go first....
RV PLUMBING INTAKE TUBING
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/recklessrecon/engine.jpg

valve cover as of now
gonna do it right this time.
strip primer paint clearcoat
current
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/recklessrecon/DSCF3161.jpg

EricW
08-04-2008, 07:01 AM
I like it that black color, just sand down the raised lines and Honda symbol, letters.

Oh yeah and clean up that battery those terminals are nasty.

mastaofdisasta
08-04-2008, 01:08 PM
got a new battery since that pic.

o and THANKS for all the input people, now i feel like the only jackass thats ever done something retarted to my car. real cool guys /wrist

turabaka
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Man I've done some dumb things to my car. Ever try to backup out of your driveway with the e-brake on, and then be stumped when it doesn't go anywhere.... It was 7 in the morning, and I'm a night person....

I also forget to hook up the negative terminal on the battery all the time. I finish working and then wonder why the car won't start.

A18A
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
i once spent all day trynna figure out why my engine wouldnt go, it had spark, fuel, good compression, all timing was good, then after many hours i found it was the firing order around the wrong way :thumbdn:

Civic Accord Honda
08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
i once spent all day trynna figure out why my engine wouldnt go, it had spark, fuel, good compression, all timing was good, then after many hours i found it was the firing order around the wrong way :thumbdn:
hahahahaha i did the same thing! and i almost sent the car to the junkyard over it

Ichiban
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I tried those terrible tuner pedal covers. I remember hucking the gas pedal one out the window after it fell off for the fourth time. Used to cause the gas pedal to stick at WOT too, nearly caused several accidents.

2ndGenGuy
08-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I had the LED washers... wait, I still have them...

Pico
08-04-2008, 06:02 PM

Did that when I installed my cam

ghettogeddy
08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
i think i might paint my vc and cai
to white
the chrome just isent appealing anymore

A18A
08-05-2008, 12:33 AM
is it hard to maintain its shinyness?

AccordB20A
08-05-2008, 12:53 AM
- riced my interior with blue paint
- smashed my windscreen cause i cut myserlf a bit on the wheel

i had some pedals too. i bolted them on hard. my mate welded his on. i also have nearly had accidents from a stuck gas pedal

markmdz89hatch
08-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I had the LED washers... wait, I still have them...

Guilty. Me too. (Except I searched high and low and was able to find smoked black housings, instead of the gross chrome ones.)

Civic Accord Honda
08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Guilty. Me too. (Except I searched high and low and was able to find smoked black housings, instead of the gross chrome ones.) mine had see thu blue housings

2oodoor
08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Ok I have taken some flack about the alum furnace tape I used to cover up the epoxy job , I have the adapter plates bonded on the outside of the manifold to prevent vac leaks. Yes it looks like a total ghetto rig, it has held up surprizingly well though. Still looks like dookie. Ok in this same pic I see a broke ass breather filter, a way strected out vacuum line rig, I think it is glued to a spark plug boot? the spring going to probably a hose clamp on the coolant line, anyway good to know this is the motor I just took out. See I get close to finishing something and I want to see it running so I will battle these little nuances by fixing them as quick as possible without digging up parts to do it neater or running to the store. Sometimes I dont have time to correct it later so as long as it still works...
edit, omg I see more, the tie wrap holding the spring on the carb linkage, the muffler hangar used to make throttle cable retainer, there has to be more... lol enjoy
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1211403531.jpg

2oodoor
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
ahh, there was more, the electric choke wire wound up out of the way cuz this carb uses manual choke, the muffler clamp cable retainer was on the right side for a DFEV carb it looked real neat on that one, but I moved it over on the left for this DGV just to make it work, it looks bad., the splice connected fuel line, I am not sure what it was I used but it extends the fuel line to reach the DGV inlet. Caps on all the vacuum tips, even the pvc..but I use the rear tree for that because I use a 90 degree rubber hose to route teh pvc housing under the manifold to the rear, much easier to deal with.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1211403548.jpg