PDA

View Full Version : motor mount idea

lostforawhile
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok i have some ideas here, I was looking at these poly mounts at advance,specifically the gm rear tranny mount. it's plenty heavy enough to be a front or rear engine mount on these small engines, also they have a universal engine mount at the bottom of the page. does anyone know the bolt centers on the front and rear mounts? the bolts that mount the mount to the chassis? the height on these is easy to adjust,just a solid aluminum block with AN bolts to bolt it to the chassis. even if the bolt centers are wrong, it would be easy to fabricate a steel plate with nuts welded to it, then weld it right to a cross member. here is the link. anyone have any ideas? throw them out there. these possibly could be used to fabricate mounts for the b20 too. everyone always complains, but here are poly mounts that could be modded to work i think. people have been putting every kind of engine on earth in hot rods for years, these are the same,a car is a car,it can be made to go in there. http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/univ3.html

2oodoor
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Not a bad idea for making other ideas for sure.
The elusive b20 mount, after reading over those posts for years and not really paying attention, now that I have one I realize it is not actually a mount but a metal bracket that bolts to the A20 mount. So no help there really, except for making more solid mounts for the A20 by making brackets that utilize the GM type or generic isolators.
Any number of the poly or neoprine rubbers for 4x4 lift kits, Ford radius arm bushings, sway bar bushing etc. could be made to work on our cars for motor mounting isolation dampers.
You are correct you could use some of this stuff ,with some foresightful engineering, to possibly make mounts resembling Hasports for B16-18.

lostforawhile
08-07-2008, 02:37 PM
i was also looking at the tranny mount with a bolted on steel arm could be a nice side motor mount.

89T
08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
bolt centers are off.you need to make a bottom plate, then weld or bolt the mount on.
i made one that was a bolt on, but broke a bolt and ended up welding it on.
i mounted the mount on the crossmember with a 3/8 steel plate then used a steel spacer with a longer bolt from the motor mount bracket to the mount.
seems to work fine.