PDA

View Full Version : Se-i Sound System Questions

hewofmatt
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
1. Pioneer unit installed before I bought the car, came with the Bose tapedeck laying under the seat I don't know if it works. the Volume/Station buttons on the Steering wheel don't work. Is this likely because of the aftermarket cd player? Are other Honda units compatible with the steering wheel functions?

2. Speakers. The rears are gone. Never came with the car. the fronts are still there but sound a bit crackly. Do I totally remove them and replace with new 6.5" speakers, or just replace the little one that's on the bose speaker bracket? This may be confusing, I'll try to post a pic tomorrow of the little speaker I'm talking about.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

ghettogeddy
08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
i would ist
remove any old bose equipment and sell it on here lol that includs radio, amp, witch i believe is by the steering colom and the grills if you have all 4
just get some replace ments
then i would get new speakers front and rear and just run new wires just the easyest way to bypass a bose system

forrest89sei
08-07-2008, 10:27 PM
you also need the front door speaker baskets and rear pods if i'm not mistaken

front bose are like 4"
oem non bose are like 5.25 to 6.5"

codyJDM
08-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree with geddy.

Your easiest and least stressful solution is to rid the car of all bose components(and hey, maybe sell them on here for some $$ for new speakers) and just wire up new speakers in their place to take advantage of the head units built in amp. The bose amp is a giant hassle honestly. You can get way better quality sound without the b/s by going aftermarket.

frantik
08-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Any suggestions would be helpful.yes you should sell me the stock sei radio and amp :deal:

the controls on the steering wheel only work with the stock sei radio. the stock speakers are definitely in need of replacing 20 year old audio technology aint that great

2drSE-i
08-08-2008, 05:44 AM
your going to have to get some speaker baskets from another 3gee because the SE-i front baskets are 4" big...
The stock amp is in the trunk, bolted to the rear deck.

2oodoor
08-08-2008, 05:55 AM
WARNING, you will be very lucky if you find any speakers that bolt right in. I always have to fabricate stuff on these Hondas when it comes to speakers.

2drSE-i
08-08-2008, 06:00 AM
for front speakers the grilles will probably need to have the backs cut out of them, just cuz most speakers arent narrow enough.

hewofmatt
08-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Most of the Bose stuff is already by-passed. Selling the amp/tape deck would be fine with me. There's already new speaker wire throughout the whole car. The front speakers have been replaced, didn't even notice that until today. They have 3.5" Prestige speakers. would it be easier to just replace those and still get good sound?

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6739/img0241nz1.th.jpg (http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0241nz1.jpg)