PDA

View Full Version : I am up grading! Selling my 89 Acc LXI

JDMGOD
08-08-2008, 05:23 AM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/787853344.html

I know I got the price high, but willing to hear offers. I have 2008 HFP rims from a Honda Fit the rims are 16" and have new kuhmo tires. The rims have 3,000 miles on them.
I will not sell the rims and tire seperate. I may sell them with the accord if the price is right.
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/catalog/honda/hop.hfp.wheel_d.jpg
:deal:
Thank you for looking . Rik

cubert
08-08-2008, 07:31 AM
3200 dollars for a 20 year old car with rust and 300k on it?

Good Luck.

ZackieDarko
08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
...way to much

i paid 2k for a 3g hatch with a DOHC VTEC swap and upgraded suspension

talk the guy down to like 1800

TWOLOUDNPROUD
08-08-2008, 08:39 AM
i got my 3g hatch for $400 and it only had 2k on it.

codyJDM
08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
And a body kit.. Eh. Don't think so man.

*edit, just realized my body kit flaming may piss people off. My bad, just not a fan of messing with a perfectly good looking car from the factory bodywise.

Civic Accord Honda
08-08-2008, 08:03 PM
i like that kit ^ :P car looks pretty good but way to much mayne

ghettogeddy
08-08-2008, 08:53 PM
And a body kit.. Eh. Don't think so man.

*edit, just realized my body kit flaming may piss people off. My bad, just not a fan of messing with a perfectly good looking car from the factory bodywise.

ya the xenon kit is a nice kit wish i could afford one myself
but ya the price is super high lol

i paid 500 for my hatch
with 187k and original owner

A18A
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM
i payed $85 us for my car with 80k miles ha. just thought i'd join in on the how much my car was thing

84Accord
08-08-2008, 09:05 PM
hell i bought mine for $600

TWOLOUDNPROUD
08-08-2008, 09:37 PM
i payed $85 us for my car with 80k miles ha. just thought i'd join in on the how much my car was thing

Will you stop rubbing in:stick: you are killing me:tongue:

A18A
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
hehe it's a pitty it was deregod though, cause now it just sits on the driveway just looking good and doing nothing :(

Ascendancy
08-10-2008, 03:25 PM
i Got my 88 accord lx-i f/i for free xD go me ^^ from an old friend just wanting to get it out of his yard lol runs like a champ too

w261w261
08-10-2008, 06:21 PM
$3200 is what happens when you work at a Honda dealer and watch them take down too much money for their used cars....you start believing you can do it too.

Last year about February my wife ordered a new Fit Sport. Because the local Honda dealer wouldn't keep a demo vehicle around, we had to order one without a drive, or really without sitting in it. "When it comes in, if you don't want it there's a dozen people right behind you..." I had heard this before, in 1985, when I ordered a Prelude under the same circumstances, only then the dealer added on $500 for some b.s. Anyway, over that weekend, we found a cherry '04 Passat, which we bought. When I called the dealer back to cancel the order, the sales guy wasn't too happy. I told him: "So next time, don't try to squeeze out every dollar you can, and keep a demo vehicle around so a customer can see and drive it. You get no sympathy from me."

I peg the LX-i at $1500, maybe. The body kit doesn't help either.

JDMGOD
08-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok, if bring it down to $1500. Then what $900? After I have spent 1500 on all oem parts?(H20 pump,T belt,all ignition parts,upper control arms,oil pan,fuel Injectors and much more ) I just bought the HFP rims and tires $750.00
As for thinking what the used car dept does I Do Not. I work hard for my money,and I am selling Honda.That I have spent a lot of money on it and It drives great. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I thought maybe some one would be interested in what I have.
When selling a car you can always come down, but you cant go back up. Its not like Im selling this at a Barret jackson Auction.

codyJDM
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
If you bring it down to 1500$ someone will actually buy it. I bought my car for 2k, and have invested well over that amount in it. I know I can't sell it for more than 2500$ if that with no rust dings or scratches, and I'm content with that. Be reasonable. It's a good car no doubt, with quality parts and tedious maintenance, but its 21 years old and not desirable to most except us crazy dudes on this board. Just being honest with ya and trying to help you get your car sold. Gl with the sale and don't let it go for too little!

A18A
08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Ok, if bring it down to $1500. Then what $900? After I have spent 1500 on all oem parts?(H20 pump,T belt,all ignition parts,upper control arms,oil pan,fuel Injectors and much more ) I just bought the HFP rims and tires $750.00
As for thinking what the used car dept does I Do Not. I work hard for my money,and I am selling Honda.That I have spent a lot of money on it and It drives great. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I thought maybe some one would be interested in what I have.
When selling a car you can always come down, but you cant go back up. Its not like Im selling this at a Barret jackson Auction.

that's reality for ya :sadwave:

Civic Accord Honda
08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
indeed selling old hondas is a pia u never get ur moneys back :(

ghettogeddy
08-14-2008, 12:01 AM

i see it this way you put x amount of dollers to fix parts that need to be replaced you cant put that into the sale price
weather or not its hard earned money
people dont car they want t he car the way it is and the going value for a well runnign accord
id about 1k to 1500
still then you have a hard time selling
when people are buyiong them for half the price
and decent condition
the only person that gona pay for that work is the one in a blue moon guy that wants a car thats in tip top shape

mushroom_toy
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Fact of the matter is even if you put 10 grand into it, its still a 3gee, and other people who are non enthusiasts will not be willing to pay that much money for a 20+ yeah old car these days. I say set it at $1700 then you have room to haggle down to an eventual 1500 firm. The main thing helping 4cyl car sales right now is gas prices so find an area with the most expensive prices and try to sell there.