PDA

View Full Version : stupid oil leaks..

86ccord
08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
ok well ive had this oil leak for some time now, and ive been wondering what the hell it was, so when i got time to actually look for a while it was coming off of the left side of my motor. so i start lookin closer and i see that its coming out of my distributer where it goes into the valves...ok so i think its the rubber gasket thing. so i got get one and today i was putting it on, everything fit right back up perfectly, so i go and turn the car on so i can check my emissions and i was moving the distributor up and down to see what diff. readings i could get on my gauge.. ok well i was not thinking and i was using the vacuum advance as a handle to move it up or down. well the shit breaks off.. so im pissed, call all parts stores in town.. said they can order it so i wont be driving my car till tuesday night when my part comes in..UGH.. so it costed me 80$ to order the part.. so now im just waiting and have no car..

pissed.. LOL what a day

russiankid
08-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Make sure you got the correct one, there are several different types. I remember when my vacuum advance took a hike. I came home, about to pull into the driveway and the car idles at 300rpm. First thing I checked was that the choke was open and no vacuum leaks. Well, the vacuum advance was leaking vacuum. I drove without for about a week. I just unhooked it and didn't take the engine past 3k rpm.

86ccord
08-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Make sure you got the correct one, there are several different types. I remember when my vacuum advance took a hike. I came home, about to pull into the driveway and the car idles at 300rpm. First thing I checked was that the choke was open and no vacuum leaks. Well, the vacuum advance was leaking vacuum. I drove without for about a week. I just unhooked it and didn't take the engine past 3k rpm.

yeah, i went to autozone and he pulled them up on the screen if i remember right, there were 10 diff. types, but thankfully i got the part no. off my old one and got it right, im going to go to the JY tomorrow and see if i can find the right one.. so maybe save me a few.