PDA

View Full Version : Should I Sell Them?

HondaBoy
08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
well now has come a time that i have to decide wheather or not to sell my beloved tenzo passion 5 17's. they really did a lot for my 3gee, but running on them makes the car feel so slow as if when you put large tires on a truck. plus i really have to dodge pot holes so not to dent them.

if i do sell them, i will be closer to having the new engine block that i need so i can get the 3gee back on the road. if i dont sell them, i will have to keep saving and let the car sit.

i've wanted another set of wheels for the 3gee for a while. something 15 or 16 inches. so my choices on the wheels will fit it just right. first on the left are the Axis OG San, an old school mesh spoke style wheel. the second on the right are the Axis Banzai, which stick to my old school liking. either or both styles would be replacing the 17's.

so back to my decision. i need that new engine block so i'm thinking i wont miss the 17's so much. if i do sell them, i would likely get a new set of either of my picks of those Axis wheels. i would be keeping my honda center caps also. so lmk what your thoughts are of selling my Tenzo 17's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC05809.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC05807.jpg
http://www.wheels911.com/photos/251.jpghttp://www.wheels911.com/photos/234.jpg

Dr_Snooz
08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Tough call. Your Tenzos are sick, but if they are heavy and brittle, that'll always bum you out. I think smaller rims would lack the visual impact of the 17s, but they'd be faster and more durable. I'd say go for the lightest rim among your choices.

codyJDM
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
IMO, the 17's overpower the car, a bit too big. I'd stop at 16's on most Hondas. I'm a huge fan of OG's and old school mesh in general so you can guess my thoughts :) It is your car and your opinion though, so go with what you like!

Oh and btw, liking the rear discs.

Civic Accord Honda
08-11-2008, 09:43 PM
i think the rims u have look sex :D

ghettogeddy
08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
your rims on my car would look sick but they would rub for sure lol

but go with the 8 spoke ogs

84Accord
08-11-2008, 10:27 PM
i like the current ones, but the ogs look better imo

cygnus x-1
08-13-2008, 07:09 AM
The Sans look like old Firebird wheels. I think I like the Banzais better.

C|

LxAcc510
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Shiiiiit oldskool mesh FTW

HondaBoy
08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
my 17s weigh a good 42 lbs with a tires. the stock 13's are about 27 lbs with a tire. the prelude 14s i have are 32 lbs with a tire. weight and diameter have a drastic effect on this car. fuel mileage is noticeably changed with the change of wheels. if someone has the cash in hand i suppose i'll go ahead and sell them. i took pictures of the wheels on my phone so i've got them on hand to show.

MessyHonda
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
i went with 16s my fat fives were like 30 pounds and now my rotas are 35 pounds with tires. only five pounds but one inch bigger....always try to get the lightest rim for perfomance

HondaBoy
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
i'm about to say screw these big rims. they are played out and dont do anything but make the car flashy. light weight and higher quality is worth selling them. plus i sell them now i can get the car back to being a dd with a new block.

codyJDM
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
i'm about to say screw these big rims. they are played out and dont do anything but make the car flashy. light weight and higher quality is worth selling them. plus i sell them now i can get the car back to being a dd with a new block.

I feel the same way, I just said it in a less abrasive way than that haha. In my mind, f*** big rims. Totally worthless. lol. Hope that helps.

MessyHonda
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM

dont be like me....i spent 800 on rims and tires when i should of rebuilt the block. oh well...lets hope my 2nd job helps be put in a bad ass engine..i was even thinking of going with a coupe or hatch cuz most of the time im by myself

HondaBoy
08-20-2008, 11:03 AM
heres the deal. i've put them up for sale on a local car enthousiest forum. already got a few hits. i'm asking $300 since the tires are in great shape and ready to roll on.

the sooner i sell the wheels, the sooner i can buy the 3gee a new block and have it back to dd status. plus, when i have a pinch of money i can order the axis wheels of my choice for a first set, then probably will buy another set. before new rims i think i'll go with a paint job. have it riding clean and reliable. thats my goal.

ghettogeddy
08-20-2008, 11:06 AM
man i might have to find a way to get those
codyjdm is gona be on his way out to cali in sept to bad he wont have the room to haul them lol

MessyHonda
08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
wow that is cheap....over here the rims with tires go for around 450-500

HondaBoy
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
i spent nearly $800 when i first got them. i got my use out of them and am ready for some Axis wheels.

existing car+new paint+new interior+new wheels= AOM

and that takes money, time and patience. so all the little things that are to come will make me forget about these 17's. my goal is to make it look mint.

MessyHonda
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah im also in the process or seeing what to do...i really wanted a b-series but the guy never sent the mounts...i reported him thru paypal and ebay...they said they will have my money back in 10 days

HondaBoy
08-27-2008, 04:44 PM
i do wish i had spent the money somewhere else now. i cant wait to get rid of these wheels to help pay for a new bottom end. i'm defintately going to give the 3gee a new look when i can. next year this time my goal is to have the new engine, then body and paint work, then i'll go for the interior. and those axis rims. might try and work a new ac system in also so i can cruise it on the daily. i'm looking to not go over the $3000 mark.

chowder
08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
honestly go for lightest possible rims and and some nice sticky tires you could get a set for under like 1500 for sure that would be under 30lbs a wheel easy and look really nice light under the suspension = better overall speed

HondaBoy
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
the axis rims will do the trick for weight issues while being larger than stock. i'm probably going to try and get those banzais. but i remember trying to get the OG-Sans when they first came out, which is why i got the 17's. i'm pretty much over wanting wheels that badly, i can wait now. i think i'll see how quickly i can get these in and go from there to how i plan out fixing my 3gee up some.

Timaculent
09-30-2008, 02:10 PM
if that is the case then the chrome that I have is killing is killing me in performance.