PDA

View Full Version : Converting from KEIHIN to ND AC compressor?

offthahook
08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
ANOTHER AC thread! Yay. I've heard the debates about retrofitting the POS Keihin to 134 and all that. Here's what I'm thinking of doing and need some expert opinions. My 89 LX-i coupe has the Keihin compressor. I want to put a ND AC system in my car. I remember reading it is possible, but exactly what will I need to do it the right way? Pictures would own on this one. I'm guessing the compressor, belt, dryer, and bracket. Now, which hoses will need replaced? What about the condenser? Should I use 134 or Freeze 12 in the nippondenso compressor?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to which trims of the 3rd gen Accords got which compressor? Like "All 4 door Accords with factory air (LX and the "i"'s) got a certain make of compressor"? If I knew the pattern, I could pick me up a used setup and go from there. I would assume I need to vacuum the mess out of any hoses or anything else I get used. Then, vacuum out the entire system when I install the ND. I really need to know the exact crap I need to get to do this conversion and maybe even which years/trimlines would guarantee a ND setup. If anyone has access to a ND setup, I'd buy it from them if the price was decent and I could use it for sure. Thanks in advance and hopefully my post makes sense...

forrest89sei
08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
You need:

Compressor
Bracket
Hoses that go to Compressor
Belt
Dryer

Thats it

I have the compressor with the hoses in working shape, the bracket went with my engine :crying: but i'd sell it cheap since i need to off my 3g shit

nswst8
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Here's the kit. You can go into any junkyard and pick up the bracket and hoses as for the compressor depends how many miles on the car and weather it was converted.

If it wasn't converted then good chance that they just couldn't afford the R12 charge or convert it to R134a.

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label%5BProductID%5D=ACCORD&Label%5BYearID%5D=1989&Label%5BDoorID%5D=4&Label%5BGradeID%5D=SEI&Label%5BAreaID%5D=KA&Label%5BTransmissionID%5D=5MT&Label%5BSectionID%5D=BODY+%2F+AIR+CONDITIONING&Label%5BIllustrationGroupID%5D=A%2FC+COMPRESSOR+KI T+%28DENSO%29&ProductID=5&YearID=28&DoorID=4&GradeID=61&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=3&SectionID=8&IllustrationGroupID=5576

offthahook
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Sweetness. I'm on the right track.

Forrest-- How cheap man? Were the ports closed off when you pulled them out the car? 46143. Lemme know how cheap.