PDA

View Full Version : No Start diagnosis

nswst8
08-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Okay all, heres what happened to me yesterday and it cost me $85 dollars more than nessasary.

Driving around town stop at store to return core, jump back into car and "NO START" I was at autozone anyway, so I had them check the charging system everything ok. So I pop the clutch and it starts up no problem. I run home thinking the solenoid went out.

I bought a starter off ebay thinking well the starter could go out anytime, wow great timing. Wrong starter Mitusba automatic transmission. I'm getting pissed right about now (this is when the mistakes started to happen) so I run back to autozone grab the right starter ($85) they check out the old starter and its good. Hum, I figure Texaas heat and 20 y/o starter "Heat soaked"

Run home put the new starter in "No joy" so its 10pm and I run into check the book and I find "starter relay" testing except the part is buried, it late I goto bed. Its morning fresh mind, then I see "neutral saftey switch" so I go jump the switch and "walah" Its the "neutral saftey switch. "WRONG" after calling around finding one for $40, I'm thinking this is a plunger switch. So I go check to see if the "RUBBER BUTTON" is in place to depress the plunger its not.

Its on the floor in pieces, I initially looked for this on the floor when this happened except I was looking for white pieces, wrong it was black and blended into the rubber mat.

So part# 46505-SA5-000 I had some from acouple of years ago when the cruise control went out.

So long story, moral of the story check the simple shit first.

2oodoor
08-12-2008, 08:52 AM
K.I.S.S
keep it simple stupid

:lol:

nswst8
08-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Sometimes we just try to hard to out smart ourselves.

codyJDM
08-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I feel your pain man, working your ass off to find it was a simple fix is the worst/happens all the time.

Civic Accord Honda
08-12-2008, 09:14 AM
damn im glad i dont has that switch :D

import racer
08-12-2008, 01:54 PM
just wondering if the nuetral safety switch is bad will the car still roll over.

nswst8
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
just wondering if the nuetral safety switch is bad will the car still roll over.

Nope, You won't get any voltage to the ignition, so no click.

2oodoor
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
keeps it from starting in gear

how have you gotten away with that huge sig this long?