PDA

View Full Version : painted my moulding today

bobwilliams89lxi
09-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Today I got bored since I didn't go to school:omg: haha yea, sometimes the good old accord is more important. But anyway I have been trying to think of ways to get my sun beaten moulding around my car to look better, so i pulled out the Dupli-color spray paint and went to town, it matches the cars paint{seattle silver} perfectly. looks pretty decent- Lemme know if anyone else has tried it??

Mantis88LX
09-23-2002, 07:19 PM
yes i also did this and used duplicolor, looks great

Chubs87Accord
09-23-2002, 07:50 PM
i did my gauge bezel in duplicolor black, lol.. some clear coat and it looks nice

Bullfrog
09-23-2002, 08:17 PM
hey about painting...i have seattle silver metalic car color also...i have some rust witch i want to sand out and paint....but i can not get the color to match..i did buy dupli color too...i tested it in the truck....theres a noticable diffrence...the car color iguess is faided cuz it looks kinda goldish in some places..not a nice silver color.....any sugestions?

bobafett
09-23-2002, 10:02 PM
i'm sorry i dont have any suggestions for the silver, if the car has faded, but i am curious if anyone has a good match for the blue (laurel blue?) color on an 86 HB.... i would LOVE to find a good match, but dont know where to look!

87AccordsterLx
09-24-2002, 08:46 AM
post pics of the moldings....

custom88
09-24-2002, 08:56 AM
The best way is to get the car repainted, lol
I had lots of problems try to find a blue that would match my car then I got it repainted, no more problems got a pint to myself.

bobafett
09-24-2002, 09:54 AM
:) yeah but i prolly wont be able to repaint soon, since i want to do all my body work first, and that wont be cheap! hehe... i am just looking for a temporary cheap solution. i will probably just paint them black!

89lxi95zx7
09-24-2002, 10:19 AM
i just bought trim & molding paint and havn't used it yet, black molding color.will post.

1989se-i
09-24-2002, 10:38 AM
heyyyyyy, how did you get the moudlings off? I can get the fender mouldings off.... but not the door moudling

bobwilliams89lxi
09-24-2002, 06:19 PM
i just tapped off my moulding and still got a hell of a lot of over spray, but oh well i will get it off, and my seattle silver matches pretty good on the sides of my car, hardly noticible difference, BUT the sides of the car is basically the only place where there is good paint, my hood is hazzed all to hell and my trunk sucks too, so it might look better on the sides of ur car Bull frog, by the way what part of Pitt do u live in, i am about an hour or so away, I live in Indiana pa

bobwilliams89lxi
09-24-2002, 06:21 PM
1989se-i i think if u get the mouldings off, they wont go back on, i maybe wrong but thats my guess

custom88
09-25-2002, 08:06 PM
To get the door mouldings off there is a ten mm nut at the back off the door take that off then you slide the moulding back or just pull it off just dont lose the little clips into the door because you wont be able to get them back out.

89AccordExi
09-25-2002, 08:26 PM
yeh i gotta paint my mouldings too..i got the classic seattle silver also, so it will look really dope..

but i gotta do some body work...the rear wheel wells and under the car along the side of the car, its rusting up. Repairs will be crazy expensive.

once the body is done then the mouldings and all that other good stuff :p

buster133
09-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Check the paint code on the door sticker. I found out recently that there is two different shades of Seattle Silver in 89. The service manual has only one shade code listed as YR-94M. I bought a can of dupli color paint and it didn't really match up, it looked a little darker than my paint. When I had ordered my new spoiler I had them paint it to match, I used the code on the door which is "YR-94M-3" and it matched up perfectly. It's amazing what one number can change, so your paint might not be faded, just a few shades off.

88WhiteLX-i
09-26-2002, 07:44 PM
I painted all my mouldings black. I had my car re-painted factory Polar White. I had to tape the living shit out of the car to prevent overspray, I'd say the taping took up about 75% of the time. But the results are awesome, car looks much much much better than it did with faded molding.