PDA

View Full Version : $3000.00 3G coupe. ...ouch, but damn clean

markmdz89hatch
08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
What do you guys think...

....notice the moonroof. nice touch. very clean car with a very straight body. ...

http://www.bargainnews.com/viewad.cfm?Show_Notepad=Yes&bnAd_ID=91085472&TheDealer=2230

2oodoor
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
$2495 if everything works and no oil leaks, & :cool:good tires
I like it, but that is not my fav interior color

w261w261
08-15-2008, 07:05 AM
From Mark's comments, I gather the coupe's didn't have moonroofs as standard equipment, so that one is aftermarket. When they put those things in, do they also run the 4 roof drains? Wouldn't that be difficult to do on an already assembled car?

markmdz89hatch
08-15-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm not 100% positive, but pretty sure that there was no oem option for a moonroof. That one looks aftermarket to me anyway because of the black weatherstripping, and the dome light where it is. My guess is there's no roof drains, so I would not want to be the one to take that headliner out for replacement when the time comes.

That damn dome light bugs me out though, there's no trademark 'headliner bulge' that most any car that had an oem option installed moonroof usually has (it's usually a completely different headliner that's lowered about an inch or so to house the shade cover.). Anyway, I wonder if that dome light is even still functional, or just there for decoration. I don't see how they could still have the housing and wiring, and be able to slide that cover all the way back like it is.

Either way, still a damn clean car though.

Oldblueaccord
08-15-2008, 09:46 AM
The Mazda dealer here in town has a 3g for 2990$. I would hope it is very low miles. They pop up from time to time.

wp

Civic Accord Honda
08-15-2008, 09:49 AM
it appers to be missing a lug nut they shuold replace that

Oldblueaccord
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Whens that ever stopped you?

wp

codyJDM
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
My sedan(same year and same color) has an OEM moonroof. Doesn't look like that one though. Hm.

ghettogeddy
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
My sedan(same year and same color) has an OEM moonroof. Doesn't look like that one though. Hm.

you have a sunroof not a moon roof there is a difference
moonroofs only flip open they dont roll back and are not electric you can remove them but not while moving

Zwolfe
08-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Yea it's a sunroof, I thought it was a moonroof but just went and looked at the owners manual. Does state it is a sunroof.

mykwikcoupe
08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
not really I used to do it for a few years through high school. We ran the lines through the interior of the car down the a and c ipllars through to the door jams. The good kits come with 4 drains rather than 2. You still have to watch them as they will get clogged and backup into the cabin as its not a 100% perfect factory install on all cars. Most of the ones we did were full sized suvs. at 1400 a pop its easy to bust one out in 8 hours by yourself and the list went around the block

Too bad theirs not one like that near washington. Id swoop it up in a heartbeat for my next project car

frantik
08-15-2008, 08:03 PM
you have a sunroof not a moon roof there is a difference
moonroofs only flip open they dont roll back and are not electric you can remove them but not while moving

nah moonroof just means glass sunroof http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunroof :) 3gee sedanscome stock w/ a moonroof

codyJDM
08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
nah moonroof just means glass sunroof http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunroof :) 3gee sedanscome stock w/ a moonroof

HA! lol.

RobT5580
08-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Funny I just told steve about that car but i was turned off by the moonroof because it would be my track car.

MessyHonda
08-17-2008, 12:00 AM
^ejections seats?

Civic Accord Honda
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
not really I used to do it for a few years through high school. We ran the lines through the interior of the car down the a and c ipllars through to the door jams. The good kits come with 4 drains rather than 2. You still have to watch them as they will get clogged and backup into the cabin as its not a 100% perfect factory install on all cars. Most of the ones we did were full sized suvs. at 1400 a pop its easy to bust one out in 8 hours by yourself and the list went around the block

Too bad theirs not one like that near washington. Id swoop it up in a heartbeat for my next project car
even the oem ones get clogged and backup happend to my 3gee when i frist got it was not fun lol

mykwikcoupe
08-17-2008, 04:16 PM
We only ever had to replace one set of drains and they were plugged top to bottom with pine needles. Usually if you pour some water down you can see if the blockage is up top or bottom. From their wed hit it with a plasic flex rod and about 20 psi of air. 99 percent of the tome th air pressure mixed with a light touch from the rod and it would come flying up towards you. We had sunroofs, moonroofs and convertable conversions which are not easy. We did sir mix alots first convertable benz