PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Idle

SILENT
08-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey you guys I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem... my SEI just started to jump the idle from 1000-2000 rpm and its constantly doing that!!! i've checked coolant and if fine just extremely dirty but this no leak... im going to flush it out 2maroe!!! nothing else comes to my mind!!! had a tech @ mah job check it and he gave me a list of things... I was just wondering if some1 has had this problem and what you've done to correct it...? Im Kind New to the 3gee EFI... my first 3gee is carb!!! some1 please Help

A18A
08-15-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah start with flushing the coolant, then bleed it, if its still doing that then it's probably your iacv having a fit

OldSkoolA20accord
08-15-2008, 06:01 PM
my dx did the same thing. But only when the ac was on.

It ended up being some sensor thing that plug into one of the a/c lines being unhooked.

Demon1024
08-15-2008, 10:10 PM
thread #50 on the same subject :)
it could be your fit too, or any vacuum leak

SILENT
08-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Alright I flushed my coolant with the coolant flush machine for about and hour untill the coolant finally looked like coolant!!! basically when my heater was on it idle was fine and when I turned it off it starts all over again!!! im going ahead and giving it a simple tune up and see if it still happens i'll keep you posted!!! also im going to change the injectors... they are leaking very close to the connections... so I don't want to risk anything!!! also I have another question... when i was flushing my coolant my check engine light came on... and since my other 3gee is a LX ive never had one come on!!! so how do I turn off the check engine light on the efi 3gee???

Demon1024
08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
check this
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26342
leave the car on and check it when the light comes on tho. mine didn't always store the codes

Rendon LX-i
08-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Mine did the same shit it ended up beening the idle control valve took it out clean it man it was nasty. STILL did it so i just turned it down a little never did it since.....maybe thats your case man...

AccordB20A
08-17-2008, 01:52 PM
was the cooling system full of rust? check the pipes ion the fast idle valve and iacv and make sure water can flow thru them. had a b20 once that kept doing it and it was due to rust now allowing the water to flow though