PDA

View Full Version : Engine breather

jduncan
08-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I think that what its called. The mini air filter looking like thing that you install off the top of the engine. What are the beneifts and is it worth putting on?

labeledsk8r
08-17-2008, 04:58 PM
really none except if your modding your intake to were you cant have the air suction hose .. correct me if im rong anyone

OldSkoolA20accord
08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
i replaced the one on my car and it made it run a little better. it was black. it just vents the valve cover.

I would replace it. the advance auto guy told me it helps mpg too.

Pico
08-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I saw no difference when I had mine installed, I went back to suction hose when I did my CAI

Oldblueaccord
08-17-2008, 05:47 PM
I think that what its called. The mini air filter looking like thing that you install off the top of the engine. What are the beneifts and is it worth putting on?

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63709&page=10&highlight=oil+breather picture is on post #227.

Besides the CAI you can use one to keep oil (blowby) from getting back into your intake system.

wp

lostforawhile
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
all that is, is filtered air being pulled through the pcv system. if you want to make an improvement,make sure your pcv valve is working and all the hoses are in good order. including the one off the back of the oil pan. there should be a negative pressure at that breather anytime the vacume is high enough to open the pcv valve.