PDA

View Full Version : low idle

import racer
08-18-2008, 08:26 AM
well i had low idle for awhile now,when i started it up it was finebut when i backed out the drive way it would drop to 300.i checked all the vacumn lines and none were bad,so i put seafoam in the tank but still no better.had it running and sounded like a leakso i felt around by the exhaust and found a leak in the pipe that goes to the intake.took the pipe off and plug the intake and exhaust and it runs alot better.just pollution crap anyway so it shouldn't hurt anything.

A20A1
08-20-2008, 10:57 PM
So the EGR pipe was leaking?

You could have also tried unplugging and capping the vacuum line to the EGR valve first to see if that helped, however it wouldn't solve the loss of exhaust gas. So cheers to fixing your problem. :D

import racer
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
yea i don't see any problem with it and i have no egr,already blocked that off.

A20A1
08-21-2008, 10:57 PM
oh it was your air suction pipe leaking then.

Funny thing is that valve has good vacuum, so I had fun hooking it to parts of my carb and watching what happens... just be careful and don't hook it to an Air Jet Controller hose. Those lines will suck up gas from the carb, which could cause something to blow in your manifold or be just enough richness to ruin your cat or with an extra spark, shoot flames from your exhaust perhaps. if you're into that sort of thing.