ghettogeddy
08-19-2008, 04:39 PM
thinking of painting my cf hood
will be doing it satin black
till i can afford to aether have it color mated or re cleared

what do you guys think

the way it sits now
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/100_4703white.jpg

and if i paint it (its just a photochop so outcome will very)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/100_4703whiteblackhoodcopy.jpg

greentee76
08-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I voted to paint it, but then again I didn't pay for it.
Will it be hard to strip back off if you decide to have it recleared later? I've never dealt much with cf.

ghettogeddy
08-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I voted to paint it, but then again I didn't pay for it.
Will it be hard to strip back off if you decide to have it recleared later? I've never dealt much with cf.

the hood was uber cheap like i traded a part for it cheap lol
under 150 for it lol

should not be to hard to remove if i ever decide to reclear it

Pico
08-19-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree on PAINTING THAT BITCH

Civic Accord Honda
08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
i would get a reguler hood that is not fucked up from a junkyard and install it and paint it gloss black (Y)

ghettogeddy
08-19-2008, 06:16 PM
i would get a reguler hood that is not fucked up from a junkyard and install it and paint it gloss black (Y)

i can live with the tweeked hood lol
one day ill get a new cf hood

MessyHonda
08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
paint it.. the rised part cf and then the rest flat black

A18A
08-19-2008, 06:43 PM
yeah paint it, right now it looks like a 2 month old $1 black paint job

labeledsk8r
08-19-2008, 07:34 PM
paint it... looks way to bad the way it is now... not to mention its tweaked badly and has extra holes drilled in it.. just spray it for now and get a new cf down the road

ghettogeddy
08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
paint it... looks way to bad the way it is now... not to mention its tweaked badly and has extra holes drilled in it.. just spray it for now and get a new cf down the road

still dont know why its tweeked
sat fn sweet on the lx

A18A
08-19-2008, 07:41 PM
the one thing i hate doing the most on these cars is making all those front panels line up perfect, they never work right for me :mad:

mykwikcoupe
08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
if it matched one car but not another Id guess that means one of the car has been tweeked down the road along the way. It looks like ass from the pics so Id say what messy said. Reclear the raised to make it nice looking carbon again and body match the rest.

I dont remember his screen name but hes the guy who owes cheesburger the konis. His hood was lightly sprayed body color to match. You could see the carbon underneath and it looked sweet. Thats my thoughts.

ghettogeddy
08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
if it matched one car but not another Id guess that means one of the car has been tweeked down the road along the way. It looks like ass from the pics so Id say what messy said. Reclear the raised to make it nice looking carbon again and body match the rest.

I dont remember his screen name but hes the guy who owes cheesburger the konis. His hood was lightly sprayed body color to match. You could see the carbon underneath and it looked sweet. Thats my thoughts.

ya that wopuld look sweet ina white
the light spray thing maybe ill look into that
ive been on a white paint frensy latly
just called and fopund out how much to powdercoat my rims would be dude said 90 a rim so im gona look arpound for white rims that look like mine and see whats better newe rims or old w pc

2ndGenGuy
08-20-2008, 10:55 PM

Oh yeah that guy... I met him at an autocross once. Sold him an A20 carb...

I say paint it white and have some nice clear stripes like the Dodge Challenger has on it. If you really wanna show off the CF, do it nice and subtle like that and blend it into the car. Don't leave the whole hood black. It sticks out like a sore thumb and screams "I don't match!"

ghettogeddy
08-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Oh yeah that guy... I met him at an autocross once. Sold him an A20 carb...

I say paint it white and have some nice clear stripes like the Dodge Challenger has on it. If you really wanna show off the CF, do it nice and subtle like that and blend it into the car. Don't leave the whole hood black. It sticks out like a sore thumb and screams "I don't match!"

anything right now is better then the oxidation its got now lol

oldschool3g
08-21-2008, 12:46 AM
i say paint it:)

AccordB20A
08-21-2008, 01:40 AM
the photo you have looks like someone painted it patchy mat black and it looks dodgy as.

2oodoor
08-21-2008, 03:32 AM
honestly, It looks like it belongs on an actual race car that would benefit from the weight loss. That particular hood does not look real good on a street car IMO.
I know it is rare, it realy could use some tlc maybe add some CF and recoat, block sanded, the works.

AccordB20A
08-21-2008, 11:35 AM
gloss black would be nice :):)

frantik
08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
if it were my car the tweaked front end would make me want to get a new hood or MAKE the hood fit even if it means like putting weights on it lol i dunno

and yes paint it the fading clear is ftl