PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need parts?

Bass Man
08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
My beloved 3g is totalled.
If anyone needs body parts/88 A3 motor parts/5speed tranny stuff, let me know. I could use the money on other things and I want you guys to have first dibs.

All I have to say is those little codder pins are serious as a car wreck.

codyJDM
08-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Damn dude, I'm terribly sorry to hear that =[

What happened? You're okay right?

Hate to pick right off your freshly wrecked car, but is the front end still intact? I'd like the 88 style grille and eyelids(if they're still good/even there)

Good luck, I hope you're able to cope with the loss :violin:

Bass Man
08-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks Cody.

It's acually an 87 with the 88 A3 motor.
I don't think the front fender are still good, but imagine you just chopped off the a-arms and took everything connected to them with it. Those are the pieces that are no longer straight/in one piece.

Here is what happened.
When I got it about 7 months go, the radiator blew up and got my alternator wet... So the alternator crapped out on me.
When it was stock, I had to take the driver side cv axle out to get to the alternator. In that whole ordeal, I misplaced the codder pin that secures the crown nut holding the lower A-Arm to the spindle. When I put it back together, I must have done something to the axle, cuz a week later the CV blew in my driveway(the boot had been ripped for a long time). So I replaced it and forgot about the codder pin yet again!

Today:
I just went up to my brother's house and we were heading off to go play a game of frisbee golf. My brother's driveway is between 2 corners and they are both 25-35mph corners I take at 70, but that is when I am past his house going to someone elses house. When I left his driveway, I got on it (wrecked at the top of 2nd gear) and got to a good speed between his driveway and the corner ( about 100 feet), made the corner but as soon as I way out of it I heard a SNAP and all my steering was gone and I was going for the ditch.

It didn't scare me cuz I am used to seeing the ditch (I got a Samurai and a Sidekick, and I like to roll them whenever I can), but I ended up on the other side of the ditch, which was only a foot deep, but the lip on the other side was pretty steep.

I am just glad it didn't happen on the way to my house cuz I got some really deep ditches and I usually fly down the road.
I choke up every time I say this because I am a very popular and trustworthy mechanic around town, but I am glad I didn't sell it and have someone else (possilble with a couple kids...) wreck in my project and possibly get hurt...

lostforawhile
08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
suspension cotter pin come out? I've posted on here a dozen times how important those are, you can buy a pack of about 30 for a few dollars to always have some,just put a cv axle on the 98 and some joker had replaced them with bent nails. cotter keys and locktite are your best friends. you can also buy a cheap jig for drilling safety wire holes in bolts, and safety wire every suspension nut and fastener on the car. I have plans to do this,worth the trouble believe me. sorry to hijack

Rendon LX-i
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Dam dude sorry to hear that....sucks now u got to get other 3geez

MessyHonda
08-20-2008, 11:46 PM
sorry about the car....well now you can upgrade to a fuel injected model

Bass Man
08-21-2008, 07:39 PM
There is an 89 LXi for $300... The suspension is shot and they lost the title. I don't have that much right now, though, and I don't think I wanna get back into it for a while.

Civic Accord Honda
08-21-2008, 07:48 PM
that sucks man :'(

russiankid
08-21-2008, 07:54 PM
That is sad to hear. I was always anal about the cotter pins on my suspension, guess its a good thing that I am and was.

Bass Man
08-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Yep... Hard lesson learned and it will never happen again...

headbanger
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
sry about ur car.:banghead:

2oodoor
08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
unbelievable bass man,, glad You aint hurt