PDA

View Full Version : Sussy Q's

skylinegts
08-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Ok so I just got my accord. Its the wifey's car / our family car etc...
But me being me.. I CANNOT leave a car stock. Hell... One of my last family cars was a Skyline. So... My reasons for wanting to lower the car are partially for "performance", and partially for looks. I like the look of wheels with like a finger gap to the fenders, and I hate how soft old stock suspension is. Now, my predicament. When I bought the car I bought my 17s for it as the sale did not include the wheels on it. As I find out I should have bought 17x7 +40, 205/40/17s... Well these were too good of a deal to pass up. $1500 wheel and tire package.. brand new... My buddy did a 5 lug swap on his 240sx. I got them for $400. Unused. They are 17x7 +35 215/45/17 and 225/45/17. You guessed it. They rub. So I put the 225s up front and the 215s in the back. They rub less. Right now if there is just the driver, it doesnt rub. If there is me, the half-wife, and my kids (1 and 3 yrs old) it will rub on occasion... If the trunk is full of shit... Rubs. So.. I want to change out my suspension for something better and something that will give me the desired height.. Ive started to roll my fenders, but I did not have a bat, just a smaller diameter plastic pipe. It started to work, but i need a bat. I dont want to go 2.25" like most kits are. As it is now.. I have about 1.25" from tire to fender in the back.. and about 3.5" in the front. I can get a set of Tokico Blues for $275 new. What would be my best bet for lowering it?

codyJDM
08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Get on Ebay and grab the set of Tokico blues for 199$ to start.

Look into Neuspeed springs with the toki's for a mild and still aggressive drop. Catalyst has that setup if you want to see how it sits, he's on 15's though I believe.

Just for gods sake don't lower it on stock struts!

skylinegts
08-20-2008, 10:54 PM
im not lowering on stock struts as i do believe they are worn anyways. thats why i mentioned the tokico blues. after shipping and customs those $199 ebay tokico blues cost more than my $275 local ones... if i was to add a set of neuspeed springs... as im told they are soft enough for the toki blues... how much of an issue will my wheels be with my fenders???

MessyHonda
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
i run tokico blue with the neuspeed 1.5 inch drop springs...i also run 16 inch rims with oversized tires...i only rub in the back...but nothing a il fender rolling wont help

2oodoor
08-21-2008, 05:19 AM
depending on how much mileage you put on the car...
you could try the rear adjustable UCA and put in enough negative camber to keep it from rubbing too. I am not sure how well that will work with the huge wheel diameter though.