PDA

View Full Version : Motorswap

Crossprelude
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Stefan and I'm the proud owner of a 3th gen prelude. I am from Holland and I am using the car for offroad racing. I just prepared the car completely and had my first race this weekend with bad result! I hope you guys can understand me while my main language is Dutch :cheers: I used some dictionary so I hope im not using the wrong words

I got a problem with my b20a5 block. It has got permanent damage on one of the crankshaft bearings. It will be too expensive to replace it so I am looking for a new motorblock. The b20a5 is imported by the previous owner and is not common here in Holland. Most 3th gen Ludes (16v) in Holland come with the b20a7 block wich has more horsepower (150).

Thats why I want to replace the A5 block with an A7 block. But now my questions:
* My A5 is now using the Pk2 ECU. Will it match with an A7 block? Anyone knows the ECU code from the A7??
* Can I swap my gearbox and clutch from the A5 to the A7?
* Will the exhaust pipe fit?
* Are there any other problems to expect?

I realy hope somebody can help me, while the dutch Forums aren't realy active! This forum looks great, a lot of information and active members.

If i haven't been clear, just say so and Ill try to explain!

Thanks! Stefan

ghettogeddy
08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone!

My name is Stefan and I'm the proud owner of a 3th gen prelude. I am from Holland and I am using the car for offroad racing. I just prepared the car completely and had my first race this weekend with bad result! I hope you guys can understand me while my main language is Dutch :cheers: I used some dictionary so I hope im not using the wrong words

I got a problem with my b20a5 block. It has got permanent damage on one of the crankshaft bearings. It will be too expensive to replace it so I am looking for a new motorblock. The b20a5 is imported by the previous owner and is not common here in Holland. Most 3th gen Ludes (16v) in Holland come with the b20a7 block wich has more horsepower (150).

Thats why I want to replace the A5 block with an A7 block. But now my questions:
* My A5 is now using the Pk2 ECU. Will it match with an A7 block? Anyone knows the ECU code from the A7??
* Can I swap my gearbox and clutch from the A5 to the A7?
* Will the exhaust pipe fit?
* Are there any other problems to expect?

I realy hope somebody can help me, while the dutch Forums aren't realy active! This forum looks great, a lot of information and active members.

If i haven't been clear, just say so and Ill try to explain!

Thanks! Stefan

not sure on the difference between a5 and a7 but as long as the mounts are the same i see no prob everything should bolt right up

i know the a5 is common place here in the stats for the 3rd gen lude and wont work in the 3rd gen accord

you my want to check out www.preludepower.com they have a lil more info of the lude there