PDA

View Full Version : Lights blinking 1 time / temp gauge broken

-$MOKIN-
08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I have a check engine light coming on everyday about 20 minutes after driving. It blinks once with ,means oxygen content. Is this my oxygen sensor?
I also have problems with my temperature gauge it goes way up to real high when you start then kicks down tomregualr temp after maybe 10 minutes of driving after the fan comes on usually. i replaced the temperature sensor on thermo housing still doing it tho. any help on this?:pc:

Dr_Snooz
08-21-2008, 08:19 PM
You probably want to get inside the shop manual (Fuel & Emissions section) for the trouble code. It could be one of your O2 sensors, your fuel pump pressure regulator, a shorted wire or your ECU. It's probably a sensor, but it's worth going through the troubleshooting procedure to be sure.

Not sure about the temp issue, but I'd start with a good cooling system service (flush, fill, change thermostat and hoses), if you haven't done one in a while.

Hope that helps.

ghettogeddy
08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I have a check engine light coming on everyday about 20 minutes after driving. It blinks once with ,means oxygen content. Is this my oxygen sensor?
I also have problems with my temperature gauge it goes way up to real high when you start then kicks down tomregualr temp after maybe 10 minutes of driving after the fan comes on usually. i replaced the temperature sensor on thermo housing still doing it tho. any help on this?:pc:

did you change the t stat
sounds like its sticking

-$MOKIN-
08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Its not the thermo stat or the thermo stat temp sensor on the thermo housing becuase i have recently replaced both. And the fan comes on regulary, so i know its not sticking. The gauge goes right to the top when you turn the key on . then when the fan kicks on it goes back down to regular temp. Im just goin to get the whole wire harness with the ecu and il get all the sensors and the gauge it self i was goin to get a maroon instrament panel anyways so il take the gauge with me.

greentee76
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
This is a long shot but have you tried replacing the relay for the fans?
My thinking is that usually when the temp gauge spikes like that it can be linked to the sensor grounding itself, you say it goes down after the fan kicks on. What if the sensor is finding a ground through the relay and when the relay cycles the ground goes away.
Just thinking out loud and I could be completely off base.

Dr_Snooz
08-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like more of an electrical issue than an actual temp issue. While you're pulling stuff, grab another thermosensor for the bottom of the radiator. Sounds like that could be getting tired. Anyway, please be sure to report back when you figure it out.

Thanks!

w261w261
08-22-2008, 06:00 PM
You've got plenty of coolant in the overflow tank and have bled the system?

-$MOKIN-
08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
:gun: Thats about the logic i got on it. Electrical Problem. . Im just goin to do the wire harness from the engine and all the boxes under the seats. I think they have had alot of full throtle spilt on them . lol
I might have to take it to honda and let them find it out for me. Might be worth the couple hundo.
I dont think that its what im thinking it is. I know that the car was ran with no thermostat for a good 4 hours. And it might have created a open loop in the ecu. But there were electrical problems prior to that. With the thermostat gauge going way up. I also had to take out the relays becuase while sitting there with the car off the ac fan would kick on for no reason and run all night.
i just dont want to do the whole wire harness on the inside. The dash isnt really hard to get off but if i have to i will do it again.
Im going to putt off goin to make a run for my parts. the car is still running good. But id rather go prepaired.

:rockon:

Dr_Snooz
08-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Yikes. Good luck with that.

:(

-$MOKIN-
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I Replaced The Ecu And It Gave Me 12 Blinks And Come To Find Out That My Egr Valve Vacumn Hose Was Wrong. So A Easy Fix . No More Check Engine Light
I Tryed To Replace The Gauge For The Temp And I Guess I Broke It Becuase It Does Nothing Now
Il Just Do The Whole Cluster Next Time.