PDA

View Full Version : Sub Cooling Fan Comes On For No Reason Have To Keep Out Relay

-$MOKIN-
08-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I finally got my check engine light to go out. I replaced the Ecu and when i did it blinked 12 times and found that i had a vacumn line wrong . A quick fix.
Now what my problem is is that if i leave the relay in the sub cooling fan point the fan will just come on for no reason when the car is turnd off. Any ideas what this could be?
i also replaced the exhaust manifold with both o2 sensors and i also replaced all the sensors on the thermo housing unit. I tryed to replace the gauge for the temp but i fucked it up and it just satys down now. :stupid: along with my fuel gauge next time il just take the wqhole cluster. So i havent fixed my problem with the gauge yet but im thinking that it has to be the gauge and not anything else that messes up and leaves my gauge in limbo. now it doesnt work period. I feel like i got a little closer to gettin the mechanical things done to her.
I also got some ngk plug wires for 10 bucks at the JY i put them on and it was a instant change on how the car runs. It seems like the ecu and the wires cleared alot of problems that i have.
All i need to do is just get the gauge to work right .and that will be all for the engine. Besides some good cleaning.

IF YOU GUYS KNOW WHY THE SUB COOLING FAN COMES ON FOR NO REASON PLEASE GET ALL ME.

ONE STEP CLOSER TO A MANS DREAM :koolaid:

LX-incredible
08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Those gauges are pretty easy to screw up. Took me several sets to realize that you need to barely tighten the fuel/temp screws. The damn wires break off otherwise.

Did you bleed the system after installing the sensors? The larger green sensor on the thermostat housing is a switch that signals the cooling fan module to run the fan. Shouldn't run for any more than 10 min or so. I have also heard that there is an ambient temp sensor that he module uses in conjunction with the switch on the thermostat housing, but I have never came across it. Running the AC right before the car being turned off also comes in to play as well, I think.

Try bleeding first, thats all that was going on with mine. The 12 mm bleed screw is right next to the sensors on the housing. May be a good time to replace the thermostat, as it can cause this problem if not opening properly. If the cooling system seems solid, I would look into the sensor.

Before you go replacing parts, remember that these things are supposed to come on when the engine is turned off hot. The fan will run on both my Accords after stop and go driving on a hot day or when the AC is used.