PDA

View Full Version : smoke

Ascendancy
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Ok today i drove to my dads house to get a few things from him!, ive known that my oil pan gasket has been leaking and have been putting oil in it as need i check it about ever 2days to make sure its not low or out! well once i tried the leave the car wouldnt crank so i begain check minor things and relized that there was just a little bit of oil lefted so i ran to the local dollar store got some cheap oil just to make it by intil i can get paid and do an complete oil change. Well i lefted and was going to the gas station to get some gas and all they had was 93 octane which was alot more expensive but i was in a hurry and just got it well after that i dropped in back at my dads tellin him i was head to my interview and once i recranked the car to leave it started smoking its a whitish/grey color which means water in the cylinder there is no water in the oil i checked the dip stick its still new oil and older oil mixture... This smoking thing all happend after add the gas!!! could this be water or something else in the gas??? if so how do i check that besides droping the tank or tanking gas out of the car into a clear container??? this is a new problem that come up after i put this gas in it... also its not jsut alittle smoke this is a thick cloud.. please any help or advice would be nice... i got advice from my brother which was i bet you will think twice about going to a texoco.. just need to find this out cause if its a head gasket ima just sell it..

Edit: One thing i should check is the spark plugs and see if they have been coated with oil so ill be back shortly and let you know what i find! Answer: Okay i checked the spark plugs yeah there all over prettyu heavily with Oil so i guess im have to change some o rings =((( but if you may have any other suggestions before i take it to a shop cause im lazy and dont wanna really bother with that..... looks like some down time for the ole Accord...

Also my father personal friend owns a bigger shop around here called crh and he said it most likly a head Gasket and he cant have a diff answer intil he can hold it over night and look at it for me =((((((((